Insurrectionists can't serve in public office: New Mexico Supreme Court

StmarysCity79

Cowboys for Trump founder, Couy Griffin’s appeal to New Mexico’s Supreme Court has been dismissed. After being removed from his position as Otero County Commissioner, Griffin asked the state’s Supreme Court to reconsider his forced removal from office, but the latest move by the court shows he won’t be able to plead his case.

Couy Griffin was thrust into the courtroom and public eye after playing a role in the January 6th riots at the U.S. Capitol. In March, several New Mexicans took Griffin to court, alleging that due to his role in the January 6th riots, Griffin had lost his authority to hold a public office as Otero County commissioner.

The argument centered around the Fourteenth Amendment, which says, in part, that: “No person shall . . . hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who . . . shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

At the end of October, a district court decided that Griffin did indeed participate in an “‘insurrection’ against the Constitution of the United States.” And as a result, the court decided that from that moment on, Griffin was disqualified to hold office,"

OccamsRazor

The argument centered around the Fourteenth Amendment, which says, in part, that: “No person shall . . . hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who . . . shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

At the end of October, a district court decided that Griffin did indeed participate in an “‘insurrection’ against the Constitution of the United States.” And as a result, the court decided that from that moment on, Griffin was disqualified to hold office,"

Does willfully allowing BILLIONS of dollars in weapons, arms, and equipment to be left behind for Afghan enemies to freely take to assist with their hostilities count as "aid to enemies?"

StmarysCity79

Does willfully allowing BILLIONS of dollars in weapons, arms, and equipment to be left behind for Afghan enemies to freely take to assist with their hostilities count as "aid to enemies?"

I don't know. Ask Trump . It was his plan and he started the process and wanted to withdraw on an even faster timeline.

OccamsRazor

I don't know. Ask Trump . It was his plan and he started the process and wanted to withdraw on an even faster timeline.
You are seriously deranged.
Please show proof of your work that it was "Trump's plan" to leave BILLIONS of dollars worth of armament, weapons, and supplies behind during the withdrawal.
TIA.

StmarysCity79

You are seriously deranged.
Please show proof of your work that it was "Trump's plan" to leave BILLIONS of dollars worth of armament, weapons, and supplies behind during the withdrawal.
TIA.

"The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.

Biden delayed the May 1 withdrawal date that he inherited. But ultimately his administration pushed ahead with a plan to withdraw by Aug. 31,"

OccamsRazor

"The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.

Biden delayed the May 1 withdrawal date that he inherited. But ultimately his administration pushed ahead with a plan to withdraw by Aug. 31,"

Cool story bro!
Still waiting for the part where "it was "Trump's plan" to leave BILLIONS of dollars worth of armament, weapons, and supplies behind during the withdrawal."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
See I interpret letting millions of unvetted illegals pour into the country as giving aid & comfort to our enemies.

OccamsRazor

See I interpret letting millions of unvetted illegals pour into the country as giving aid & comfort to our enemies.
I would disagree. Although an inept move, unvetted illegals were not identified specifically as "enemies."
Afghan Taliban and their agents were.
Lets face it, although I am not 100% in support of Trump, if he had directly left those weapons and supplies there, it would still be in the headlines today. Investigations would still be pending.

SamSpade

I would disagree. Although an inept move, unvetted illegals were not identified specifically as "enemies."
They will be. You can't have several MILLION people pour over the border and with them, substantial numbers of criminals, cartel members, drug mules and the like mixed in - contirbuting to what is now the leading cause of death among those 18-45 - fentanyl.

StmarysCity79

Cool story bro!
Still waiting for the part where "it was "Trump's plan" to leave BILLIONS of dollars worth of armament, weapons, and supplies behind during the withdrawal."

Those are th spoils of war. An agreement was made by Trump. The Taliban did not stick to it and began threatening lives. Biden acted to get people out without death and you are worried about equipment?

Pick a better battle. As usual none of this sticks to Biden and sways no votes.

Again get some policies people want to vote for rather than crying and screaming about stupid chit

ontheriver

Those are th spoils of war.
Spoils of war? Never mind the equipment, (it should have all been destroyed before we pulled out) What about the 13 soldiers killed when biden tried to make a statement about how tough HE was?
You were in the service, right? Spoils of war, are you ok with that?

Serious question...

CPUSA

Pick a better battle.
I got a battle for ya...
But we all know you're too chicken chit to come outta the basement, so keep running with your lies & bullchit there, lil twink...

If it's any consolation...I'm sorry for what your Uncles did to you...that wasn't love. That was grooming...