Interesting Read

K

Kizzy

It's sin, stupid!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 25, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Homosexuality is nothing new.

It has always been around.

But it does thrive and flourish when it is condoned.

In fact, it has led to the downfall of more than one civilization when it has consumed societies – blinding them to right and wrong, robbing them of prosperity, infecting them with diseases of the mind, spirit and body.

In Romans 1:18-32, Paul painted a picture of how this happens:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Does this not sound like our times?

I have written many times about the practical, worldly reasons to oppose same-sex marriage. But it's time to get down to basics. There is a reason most people frown on homosexuality. It is not prejudice. It is not bias. It is not irrational. It is because God has pronounced it wrong, immoral, abomination, sin.

Our society is on the verge of hammering what may be the final nail in the coffin of our American way of life.

God is good. God is great. He wants what is best for us. He has given us some simple guidelines to follow for a happier, fuller, more rewarding life. We ignore those rules at our own peril – both as individuals and as nations.

When we reject the One True God, we have nowhere to turn but to depravity of all sorts – base and vile actions, of which homosexuality is just one.

The homosexual activists rationalize their behavior and their political agenda by saying, "It's simply who we are. We were born this way."

Those are nothing more than excuses to sin.

All of us excuse ourselves and our actions in similar ways. But we don't all accept our sin condition as a rationalization to plunge more deeply into sin – and to take others with us.

That's where the same-sex marriage debate is taking this country right now.

Some work hard to twist the teachings of the Bible to suggest there is nothing wrong with their behavior. Some work hard to find rationalizations within the law. Some work hard to find justification in the U.S. Constitution.

For the sake of those suffering under such delusions, as well as for the rest of society that will be dragged down into the pit with them, someone has to tell the truth.

Too many in our world today are guilty of what the prophet Isaiah warned about:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

– Isaiah 5:20-21

Marriage is not an institution invented by man. It is an institution created by God. It was created not just to make man happier on earth, but as a way for men and women to better know God.

In Ephesians 5:22-32, the Bible explains this principle – and how the institution of marriage is a model of Jesus' relationship to believers:

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Marriage is a kind of dress-rehearsal for what believers will experience in their relationship with God in eternity. That's why it was created. For 6,000 years it has served the world well.

I shudder to think what will become of us if we tamper with this institution created in the Garden of Eden as the ultimate lesson for relationship with the Living God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ylexot

Super Genius
I agree that marriage is a religious institution. So why is the government getting involved at all?

Hessian

In Canada...

Being well read I assume you have heard that were you to post this in Canada you would be charged with a hate crime...

A man published two or three passages in a paper and has been hit with a multiple thousand dollar fine.

If the queer lobby continues to grow...it will only be a matter of time before you face charges for your hate-filled posting.
God Bless & keep it up!

B

Bruzilla

How about helping out an agnostic here. If God hates Gays so much, why doesn't he smite them from the Earth?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bruzilla
If God hates Gays so much, why doesn't he smite them from the Earth?
Maybe for the same reason he doesn't smite murders, rapists, thieves, and other sinners? :shrug:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by IM4Change
It's sin, stupid! ...... It is because God has pronounced it wrong, immoral, abomination, sin. ]

I agree with most of your posts but this is :bs: -- if God didn't want gay people around why are they still being born daily – are you implying that God can’t control his own world and what is being brought into it? What about the laws in Leviticus that state you can’t have sex with a female during their menstrual cycle (do you adhere to this law??), the hair and beard length thing, the crippled should not defile the church by attending, etc... Some of these laws were probably there for a reason at the time and perhaps don’t apply now – it is not up to us to interpret the Lords meaning for things let alone judge fellow people for their flaws just because they fall short of your expectations all based on YOUR interpretation of the Bible.

The New Testament only mentions one verse about homosexual activity found in the book of Romans. I am a Christian too, but the gay population is around for a reason and reasons that you or I may never know (as His ways are not our ways and keep in mind we should not lean on our own understandings). Who knows, maybe gay people are around to teach the other high and mighty “perfect” Christians the lessons of love, acceptance and tolerance for those that are different then you. We are all human and have a heart just the same and should love one another without calling them “wrong, immoral, abomination, sinners,” etc... In my opinion, the biggest lesson Jesus taught was all about love – and the biggest sin would not to let another human being love another the way they want to. We are all adults not children that need the dictation of the government to co-exist in their Right Wing Christian society based on their own interpretation of the Bible. What if our constitution was based on the Koran and forbid you to marry? How would you feel? First you have the right to marry and now they want to ban you from marrying?

The point is we are all sinners and should focus on our own sins first before chastising others for theirs. On Judgement Day we each will face the Lord -- not ceo pete, tatclaw, or you for that matter and we will suffer for our sins accordingly. There's a saying in the Bible about taking the log out of your own eye before judging the speck in mine.

Moreover, its the beginning of lent (a holy time for some of us). During this holy time, lets try to find the similarities between you and gay people instead of trying to beat them down for their differences by using self-gratifying interpretations of the Bible. I believe that gay people were born that way, just the same as you were born the way you were. OK?:poorbaby:

As for sanctity and marriage – look around – the divorce rate is over 50%, there are shows like “The Smallest Groom, Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, to name some – how are those straight marriages sanctifying the church? Do you think this was what the Lord had intended in the Biblical scriptures? The people that watch these shows and then has the audacity to condemn a gay person for wanting to get married are all hypocrites. If you ask me, gay people don’t take marriage as a game, it is a serious issue for them. How would you feel if you had to have the rest of the United States decide whether you should have the right to marry or not? Marriage is an institution and last time I looked up the word institution it read “relationship in society” – it said nothing about same sex only or heterosexual sex only.

I apologize if anything in this post sounded harsh to any of you all, I think its just the way I compose my wording sometimes. I am not afraid to admit that I have flaws too -- we are all only human. :peace: :flowers:

Hessian

Colossians 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Well Dems...that is you in a nutshell.
Quote:In my opinion, the biggest lesson Jesus taught was all about love – and the biggest sin would not to let another human being love another the way they want to.

Thanks for illustrating vain deceit so perfectly.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Hessian
Colossians 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Well Dems...that is you in a nutshell.
Quote:In my opinion, the biggest lesson Jesus taught was all about love – and the biggest sin would not to let another human being love another the way they want to.

Thanks for illustrating vain deceit so perfectly.

don't go there -- I can pick our your flaws biblically as well
try this one out FIRST -- Ephesians 4:31-32

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. "

We can go on to state judging others too if you like -- I'm not going to sit here and argue the Bible with you for Pete's sake. You select these passages ala carte' and ignore EVERYTHING else in it that doesn't apply to your philosophy. We are supposed to love our neighbors, etc... not tear them down for being born differently then you, but then again, I suppose you thought who ever spoke out against slavery was evil and not following the word of the Lord too. You need to compare scripture in light of other scripture to grasp the true meaning.

Hessian

Am I bitter?
Am I raging?
Do I brawl?
Slandering?
etc?

God the ultimate law giver has given us a code of conduct. Both in principle and in law.
You pride yourself in your worldly "tolerance."
You exalt yourself because you are so "accepting."
You sneer at those who hold fast to undeniable truths.

Eph 5:3-5

Go ahead...define your version of Christianity and try to avoid the words "I feel..."

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Hessian
Am I bitter?
Am I raging?
Do I brawl?
Slandering?
etc?

God the ultimate law giver has given us a code of conduct. Both in principle and in law.
Go ahead...define your version of Christianity and try to avoid the words "I feel..."

I would word my posts without the "I feel" or "I think" disclaimer but then people assume I'm posting fact. Judge lest you be judged. This is like the pot calling the kettle black - we can go on and on forever throwing scripture slaps at each other but I don't want to go that route.

Hessian

So...I'll bet that the Bible is best taken as a guide book, a framework to build character...flawed in translation here & there. It has inspirational teachers and writers but it fails at history and some writers have a problem with adding personal feelings or exaggeration.

Christianity is all about doing good, being kind, always forgiving, and getting along with everybody. Uh huh.

God forbid you post "facts"...that's not the way God works right?

We all need to see the bigger picture compared to what those shallow "christians" see with all their narrowness & rules. Why they are no different than the pharisees aren't they?

Scripture can be invalidated with any number of tools...writer's bias, customs of the day, translation problems, contextual assumptions...so you are right we shouldn't consider the Bible in this disagreement, rather just go on what feels right. We should trust our feelings right? Doesn't God hint and whisper things to us that are just as important as the Bible?

John has a number of things to say about your situation...how about the Church at Laodicea. Oh but that is just an interesting story isn't it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We're all going to burn in hell anyways.. lets just get naked and enjoy ourselves on this planet while we can!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
You know, if people would accept the fact that evolution is a fact then we really wouldnt be having a discussion about gay marriage because this debate is all about religion on one side. Religion is merely a faith based institution where everything is centered upon the HOPE they cannot concieve in their own tiny brains.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
If you (people who think being gay is a sin) had a son or daughter who one day says that they are gay, you wouldn't love them anymore? Even if they are the nicest and most charitable person you know of?

Don't judge people by what you see outside, it's what's inside that counts! (all pun intended :biggrin: )

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Dupontster
Way back a long time ago: I thought God created "Adam and Eve" NOT "Adam and Steve" :crazy:
So the story says, were you there Steve?

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by BuddyLee
You know, if people would accept the fact that evolution is a fact then we really wouldnt be having a discussion about gay marriage because this debate is all about religion on one side.
Huh? I believe in evolution and Christ.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I really hate Christians who point to the book and say "see it says so here, it must be true" . So it is written so it is done, huh? Of course these are the same people who despise Muslims/Jews/etc who point to their own "good book" and proclaim IT as truth.

I don't care if you believe in a 3 horned pink iguana as your savior, just don't try and convert me, and stay out of my bedroom. That goes for uncle sam too.