Internet czar failure...

glhs837

Power with Control
For your consideration ...

While it is great that they are sending these out, but don't they require power? Is there power available where they are going?

Depends, while they do all require power, the mini ones can be powered by 12 volts. Others you can adapt for that. And trhats one reason a good layered prep requires you to have at least a minimal solar outfit with a small battery pack.

Hijinx

How can I get a Starlink It has to be as good as Breezeline and no way in hell can it be as expensive.
Breezeline is making a pauper out of me.

To think that such a product exists , the Government has 42 Billion dollars to start home internet , they haven't even gotten started ,but will not deal with Elon Musk.
WTF is wrong with these Joe Biden-Harris *******s.
It's like it's there , but Musk doesn't share his profits with us.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The nice thing is it appears to be semi mobile.
Depends on which unit you get. Mine is stationary and can only be used outside my geographical area by paying additional roaming fees. The 'mini' is designed and priced to be portable.

gemma_rae

NASCAR steps up.
Biffle and Hendrick are doing it out of the goodness of their heart. $100K says Gibbs is doing it just for publicity. That pedophile POS should have been dead by now and I know for an absolute fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Joe Gibbs is 1000% a pedophile POS! I hate that scumbag with all my heart!

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on which unit you get. Mine is stationary and can only be used outside my geographical area by paying additional roaming fees. The 'mini' is designed and priced to be portable.
Lots of Tesla owners mount them inside the glass roofs with suction cups. I've also seen 3D printed power adapter that allows the mini to be powered with one or two Dewalt or other power tool batteries.... A few small panels to charge and you are truly off grid, with the whole internet literally in your backpack.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Lots of Tesla owners mount them inside the glass roofs with suction cups. I've also seen 3D printed power adapter that allows the mini to be powered with one or two Dewalt or other power tool batteries.... A few small panels to charge and you are truly off grid, with the whole internet literally in your backpack.
Many RVers use them now. The output from the dish is Ethernet (Cat5?) and they run a long wire from the RV to the dish so it can be out in the open and the RV under shade.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Biffle and Hendrick are doing it out of the goodness of their heart. $100K says Gibbs is doing it just for publicity. That pedophile POS should have been dead by now and I know for an absolute fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Joe Gibbs is 1000% a pedophile POS! I hate that scumbag with all my heart!
badman.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TPD

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Joe Gibbs? The Redskins couch Joe Gibbs?

Clem72

FCC to Starlink: Sorry, your service isnt acceptable to provide service to rural Americans (using two year old data to measure speed delivered)

FEMA: We are committed to providing access to devastated areas, so we're deploying 30 Starlinks.

I was really hoping to buy stock in this before everyone realized exactly what a money printing machine its going to be........ Not gonna happen now.
The absolute first minute I heard about Elon's plans for LEO Internet access I was waiting for the opportunity to invest. Like being able to go back in time and invest in Tesla from day one, but with a much better product with basically no competition. I figured he would isolate Starlink from from SpaceX so that SpaceX wouldn't need to assume the debt required for the satellite build-up phase and instead would get a guaranteed "whale" customer.

But he's no fool, he knew this one was a winner and he didn't need to open it up to the public to invest.