IPOD Question

AndyMarquisLIVE

RangerJohn said:
I try to stay away from Limewire...you are asking for a multitude of virus and spyware infestations....

I-Tunes isn't too bad, and you can find some good deals where you can buy entire albums for $5.99 (like Dire Straits Making Movies...one of my favorites).

you can also import CD's and they don't cost money..I borrow them all the time from others.

You can also burn all the music you've saved to a CD as well, for playing elsewhere (or so your friends can import them into their I-Tunes library.

No you won't dumbass. LimeWire and FrostWire are spyware-free. If you make a stupid mistake of downloading a program off there that looked legit by filename, then you might have problems. But if you're getting a program off there, you have to look at file size.

GoMusic.Ru offers entire albums for $1.50. iTunes is about a buck for a song. However, iTunes has a much wider music selection than just about anything.

Carla2786 said:
I just bought an ipod yesterday. My brother suggested i use MiniNova which you can download albums at a time, if you like all the songs on a particular cd (mininova would be suggested rather than limewire) and he also suggested limewire.

You have to havea bittorrent program for Mininova but that's on my bookmarks list at home :coffee:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Dupontster said:
OK, this may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway....Son has an IPOD (Christmas present)...I know you can load music on it....Where do you get the music from? I know you can get it online but I need to know where is the best place to get it...Is there a lifetime unlimited download type deal out there thet I won't have to refinance my house for? What do you all do...I have a MP3 player that I want to get some music for too...Sons girlfriend has an IPOD that she wants music for too...We all could use the same account couldn't we? I checked Itunes but they want $.99 per song and that could get expensive....Please help...TIA

I got one for Christmas also. So far, I haven't spent one dime on tunes. I DID have to use their iTunes software to load MP3's I already have.

My main source of music for my iPod has been my own collection of 100 or so CD's. I pretty much just drag and drop - more or less. I used to have Kazaa on my computer, so I have about a couple dozen MP3's pulled off the Net.

Wife does the same - grabs some CD's off the shelf and loads on the songs she wants. If iPod recognizes the format, it can be loaded. I accidentally loaded a lot of stuff I had in my "My Music" folder that it grabbed automatically.

As of yesterday, I have a few hundred songs, and I didn't "pay" for any of them (ignoring the fact that I did pay for the CD's at one time).