Which is better, IPOD or ZUNE

• IPOD

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • ZUNE

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GRSHPPR

Thinking of buying a new IPOD, but I dont know if I should switch to the ZUNE. Anybody with some suggestion or experiences?

mainman

Set Trippin
I can't speak for the Zune, but I purchased an IPOD back in january and have nothing but good things to say about it. I mainly use it in my truck, it has replaced cd's...

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
I luv my Zune. I put my whole CD collection and then some on it, plus two movies.

AndyMarquisLIVE

iPod's user interface is quite complicated for people who have never owned an MP3 player before.

Zune's better, IMO. Plus, you can put most videos anjd music on your hard drive on a Zune. iPod is all proprietery.

slaphappynmd

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
iPod's user interface is quite complicated for people who have never owned an MP3 player before.

Zune's better, IMO. Plus, you can put most videos anjd music on your hard drive on a Zune. iPod is all proprietery.

I've got to agree with andy on this one, everything for the iPod must be converted to iPod compatable format. You can use the iPod as an extra hard drive, but if you don't know much about computers or MP3 players, it can be a pain. Just get both, whichever you don't like return it to the store.

M

Mousebaby

I have an Ipod and I love it, but a friend of mine says she likes her Zune way better then her husbands Ipod. I think I have heard nothing but good things about Zune. If I had a choice now I would probably buy a Zune. :howdy:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Nucklesack said:
:shrug:

iPod, uses MP3's music, your own, off a CD or from Itunes, same as most Mp3 players (except for itunes) and MPG (4) video also same as most mp3 players.

Have 60 Gig iPod, for music (lots of Beatles and Fleetwood Mac) and books-on-tape and movies. iPod plays standard formats. You are dealing with "Hi, I'm a PC, Hi, I'm a MAC" question. Do you want to pay Gates or Jobs?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Lenny said:
Have 60 Gig iPod, for music (lots of Beatles and Fleetwood Mac) and books-on-tape and movies. iPod plays standard formats. You are dealing with "Hi, I'm a PC, Hi, I'm a MAC" question. Do you want to pay Gates or Jobs?
But iTunes only offers their music in an iTunes exclusive format.

I can't put my TV shows or movies on an iPod becausde they're either in .wmv, .asf, or .mpg.

I'd have to convert them to put them on an iPod either way. Takes too much time. :shrug:

And, I would rather pay Bill Gates. :yay:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Nucklesack said:
Thats what i was saying, that you can use most MP3 formats (and mpg4 for video) on your Ipod, Andy was the one that said Ipods use propreitary formats.
Yes, the video format for an iPod is hardly standard, and didn't start getting wide use until early this year when CNN, Windows Live and sports websites decided to offer video popdcasts and highlights in MP4 format.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
My dad has a Zune and I have an iPod. I think both are nice, but my dad likes the iPod better- he says the display is clearer.

The only complaint I have with iPod is that if I want to put songs on my iPod from two different computers, it can be a pain. Right now my laptop is away being repaired and I wanted to update my iPod on my boyfriends computer (add a few songs). When I went to sync it was ready to dump all of the songs I had downloaded from my laptop. I suppose this is to prevent one person from buying a song and distributing it to 5000 different people, but it's still annoying.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Nucklesack said:
I thought iTunes was going open with their MP3's? but you can also put non iTune MP3's on the IPOD.

And you can import your movies/tv shows on your IPOD they just have to be MPG4.
Most tuner cards have a default MPEG hardware encoder. This is where VLC comes into play :yay:

It took me a while to get used to an iPod, but I just clicked with the Zune thing. Once you get the idea of scrolling with an iPod, it becomes easier to use.

iTunes charges $2.99 for their open, DRM-free MP3s, whereas GoMusic.ru charges $0.15 for their DRM-free MP3s.

sparkyaclown

Never owned a Zune, so I can't really speak for it. I would skip both though and go for the Creative Zen. Interface for the IPod sucks, it's way more complicated than it should be. This is what really turned me off to them. I spent several days last year on the phone with relatives who got IPods for Christmas trying to talk them through getting their files onto the IPod (Apparently Steve Jobs thinks every IPod owner is computer savy and there is no need for instructions). The fact that I need to go through a whole convertion to upload my files is also a minus. I'm not big on the whole proprietary format thing. The Zen has an easy to use interface and plays multiple file formats.

AndyMarquisLIVE

IPOD vs. ZUNE 08-12-2007 11:20 PM "You're welcome" for what? Nobody is thanking you for your stupidity.
Once again, unsigned. :popcorn:

So, does anonymous have a better suggestion? Let's hear it. :jet: :popcorn: :tap:

AndyMarquisLIVE

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
IPOD vs. ZUNE 08-12-2007 11:20 PM "You're welcome" for what? Nobody is thanking you for your stupidity.

So, does anonymous have a better suggestion? Let's hear it. :jet: :popcorn: :tap:
I'm waiting :tap:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
AndyMarquisLIVE said:

Sorry Andy ~ Still trying to figure this out; what can I say, I'm slow - - Where can you get a TVC? Is it available free for download or do you have to purchase the program? Can you suggest a website? Thanks so much for the info :flowers: