Votes: 15 55.6%
  • ZUNE

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndyMarquisLIVE

Magnum

Should be Huntin
So I am thinking about getting a Zune, or some other type of player. I hate my Ipod and how everything has to been in Itunes format.

I have about 50 Gigs of music in Itunes format, is there a way to convert those to play on a Zune or another type of MP3 player?

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Looked at the website for Zune and it says that you can transfer songs from zune to zune but they only last for 3 plays or 3 days then are deleted. It also says you can pay like $14 a month for unlimited downloads, once you cancel the monthly fee you loose all songs... That doesn't sound very good to me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't know anything about Zune, but the biggest problem I've had with iPod is when they upgrade their software it’s always resulted in me losing my entire library; then I have to call them to get it fixed. This last time around they had a software upgrade for both iTunes and the iPod at the same time. They had no advisories about the order how to do things, so I upgraded my iPod first; which resulted in my library on my iPod being dumped and not syncing up with iTunes. Then I tried to do a restore and it wouldn’t work. Still an empty library. I ended having to call Apple and they said I had to upgrade iTunes first then the iPod because the newer version of the iPod wasn’t compatible with the older version of iTunes. I have never seen any backwards compatible problem like this before. They admitted they are trying to resolve the problem, but I have to tell you this seems to happen every time they come out with an upgrade. The other part of this is, if I hadn’t bought the extended service I would have had to pay for the call to Apple.

Other than that I think it’s a decent player.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Looked at the website for Zune and it says that you can transfer songs from zune to zune but they only last for 3 plays or 3 days then are deleted. It also says you can pay like $14 a month for unlimited downloads, once you cancel the monthly fee you loose all songs... That doesn't sound very good to me.

I see the Zune's subscription service as an advantage. I don't have an iPod and I easily spend $15 or $20 at iTunes every time I download music to make a new CD. I'd much rather just subscribe and download what I want without worrying about $1 per song.