Is Favre...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...the best, ever?

I can't think of anyone I would rather watch play quarterback.

Not Fran, not Elway, not Marino, not Montana.

Maybe Gus :lmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...the best, ever?

I can't think of anyone I would rather watch play quarterback.

Not Fran, not Elway, not Marino, not Montana.

Maybe Gus :lmao:

I hated Elway, but I would rather watch him than Farve. Elway is the only quarterback I've ever seen that elevated a so-so team to a superbowl(back before Denver got a running game)

broncosrule

Who's there?
otter said:
I hated Elway, but I would rather watch him than Farve. Elway is the only quarterback I've ever seen that elevated a so-so team to a superbowl(back before Denver got a running game)

I know I am partial because I am a Denver fan but Elway is the best followed closely by Montana and Akman.

Otter

Nothing to see here
broncosrule said:
I know I am partial because I am a Denver fan but Elway is the best followed closely by Montana and Akman.

I don't even consider Aikman among the best ever..He was better than average but he was surrounded by a great offense and defense. I put him in the same class as Bart Starr, a better than average QB surrounded by a great team.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
broncosrule said:

That is funny, not even top 10 maybe not top 20.

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
oh and farve is about to/just did break the record for most interceptions of all time... you consider that greatest ever?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
GusChiggins said:
wow... not one mention of unitas? damn skins fans.

What???

I was just pointing out that Aikman wasn't that great.

Didn't see anywhere that I listed a top 10 list of Qb's, did you?

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
AK-74me said:
What???

I was just pointing out that Aikman wasn't that great.

Didn't see anywhere that I listed a top 10 list of Qb's, did you?

didnt actually mean to quote you directly. whoops. was referring simply to the whole thread- hit all the "greats": montana, elway, etc, without one mention of the one that many consider the greatest.

MMDad

Lem Putt
otter said:

:yeahthat: Those two minute comebacks were the greatest. Even if you don't like Elway or the Broncos, you have to admit they could be damn exciting.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I like Favre cause he's honest about his game and dosent sugar coat anything.

When he effs up, he says it like it is. "Look guys, Im the QB and I screwed up big time. You cant blame anyone but me" (interview over)

Now you look at someone like Mcnabb.... :whistle: "We need to play better as a team, We this, We that...." :blahblah:

broncosrule

Who's there?
otter said:
I don't even consider Aikman among the best ever..He was better than average but he was surrounded by a great offense and defense. I put him in the same class as Bart Starr, a better than average QB surrounded by a great team.
The Aikman suggestion was more of a joke for all you skins fans, although he is the winningest quarterback of any decade(the 90's all be it). :lalala:

Otter

Nothing to see here
GusChiggins said:
wow... not one mention of unitas? damn skins fans.

Oh Gus, we know you're all b-more all the time :smack: ..Unitas wasn't brought up because he wasn't mentioned as part of the original post. In my opinion, he is in the top 5, and should be top 10 on anyones list. Feel better now, Mr Angelos? :lmao:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nupe2 said:
Joe Montana gets my vote. :yay:

:yay: Mine too ! :yay:

Joe never scoffed, whined or complained especially with his own players.
He always took all blame on himself when a play went wrong.
Just about no one out there now is that classy !

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...then lets flesh out the SOMD top 25, then cut to 10, then five, then three then the consensus SOMD #1 through a series of polls.

The criteria; the QB you'd want to have for 10 years knowing the running game would be up and down and same for the D, so, this guy is going to have to get it done a good bit on his own and stay healthy.

What else whould be part of the criteria?

Had to have won a SB or NFL Championship? yes or no?
Must hold/have held some records, yes or no?

What else?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's gotta be...

BuffaloBill said:
4 in a row Jim "Machine Gun" Kelly. Well AFC Championships!

...there.

In no order;

Staubach
Bradshaw
Montana
Marino
Jurgensen
Young
Elway
Unitas
Tarkenton
Favre