Is God giving us a warning?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Two fun things inline with this thread....

We all want to go to Heaven, but we don’t want to go right now.

When you get to Heaven, you’ll be surprised who is there and.....who is not there.

Auntie Biache'

Two fun things inline with this thread....

We all want to go to Heaven, but we don’t want to go right now.

When you get to Heaven, you’ll be surprised who is there and.....who is not there.

Actually, I have no great desire to go to heaven. I'm actually hoping, since I've been a sinner most of my life, that'll I'll be rewarded with working the earth. I truly do not believe I'll ever be part of the heavenly rulers, nor do I have any desire to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually, I have no great desire to go to heaven. I'm actually hoping, since I've been a sinner most of my life, that'll I'll be rewarded with working the earth. I truly do not believe I'll ever be part of the heavenly rulers, nor do I have any desire to.

Prodigal son - according to the Bible, God likes them better than people who've always done the right thing. So you're probably good.

If it were up to me, everyone (prior to their death) would have to watch a movie of their life and also see the consequences of the things they've done, both good and bad. Give them the opportunity to atone and get righteous BEFORE it's too late.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If it were up to me, everyone (prior to their death) would have to watch a movie of their life and also see the consequences of the things they've done, both good and bad. Give them the opportunity to atone and get righteous BEFORE it's too late.
I like this idea, but no one really knows for sure what's in store for Judgement Day. I've tried to atone for all my transgressions and be a better person. I got a glimpse from the outside, of who I had become, and changed my ways in what I hope is for the better. I don't think that it's right around the corner, but I'm not fearful, nor joyful if it is. From here on out, my fate in in His hands. I've done what I can. That's just my take on it, FWIW.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I personally believe in a merciful god...he would not of sent Jesus to die for us and forgive us our sins. He knows who we are ...he created us with all our faults.
i know many of us are having problems with children and family members.....who would you not forgive any of them to be able to live a life in harmony with them?

Would you give up one of your children to save another?

tough choices...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Last edited:

Louise

I personally believe in a merciful god...he would not of sent Jesus to die for us and forgive us our sins. He knows who we are ...he created us with all our faults.
i know many of us are having problems with children and family members.....who would you not forgive any of them to be able to live a life in harmony with them?

Would you give up one of your children to save another?

tough choices...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is funny stuff coming from you considering you put people on ignore on this forum. Don’t stumble over your pulpit. You don’t want to be seen as a hypocrite, or do you? You don’t seem to practice what you preach. I always liked you until now. Oh, well. Such is life.

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yes, she was on ignore and back she will go. I didn't get her response to my post......she's been on ignore for a couple of years. I do feel sorry for her. This is the first time time I think I've been the subject of her wrath.

mitzi

Stumble over his pulpit...that's rich coming from you of all people. You lecture and dole out advice as though they were pearls of wisdom and you are Ann Landers on steriods. For the record, Bird Dog just happens to be one helluva nice guy IRL, as well as the forum. If I read correctly, he finds you annoying, much like many other forum participants. I don't understand how you can insinuate that he is a hypocrite if he turns away from engaging with you - he's a peaceful man - ignoring you keeps his peace. You throw the word hypocrite around a lot. I don't think you know what it means.

Stumble over his pulpit...that's rich coming from you of all people. You lecture and dole out advice as though they were pearls of wisdom and you are Ann Landers on steriods. For the record, Bird Dog just happens to be one helluva nice guy IRL, as well as the forum. If I read correctly, he finds you annoying, much like many other forum participants. I don't understand how you can insinuate that he is a hypocrite if he turns away from engaging with you - he's a peaceful man - ignoring you keeps his peace. You throw the word hypocrite around a lot. I don't think you know what it means.

I suppose it's going against God's word if you put someone on Ignore on a forum :killingme? Everytime I think I've read it all, here comes some more idiotic nonsense. This one is truly ignorant and pathetic.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is interesting. You already know the bad things you've done, and so does God. I would think you'd have already squared things up with Him so that when you have to account you'll be prepared for it.

Now, I definitely know Christians who are probably in for a shock when (if?) they meet their maker. You do not appear to be one of them, just based on your fear of reckoning.
Right.

Like the people who claim they are Christian, who say they will "keep you on my prayer list", listen to Christian music, have Christian-like symbols (for example: crosses) on their vehicles and, indeed, even have members of their family who are prominent /integral members of their churches - and yet - they behave like a**holes in many facets of their lives. They give an outward appearance of serenity, grace and "zen" - but for instance - in traffic they will be the biggest road ragers out there. They are the happy-go-lucky "life of the party" and dependable friend to all in public - but not in private.

Bann

PREMO Member
Prodigal son - according to the Bible, God likes them better than people who've always done the right thing. So you're probably good.

If it were up to me, everyone (prior to their death) would have to watch a movie of their life and also see the consequences of the things they've
done, both good and bad. Give them the opportunity to atone and get righteous BEFORE it's too late.

THAT might be a nightmare for some people to watch ! :lol: Especially for those with repeating behaviors. It might even be like watching Groundhog Day for them. :jet:

Auntie Biache'

Right.

Like the people who claim they are Christian, who say they will "keep you on my prayer list", listen to Christian music, have Christian-like symbols (for example: crosses) on their vehicles and, indeed, even have members of their family who are prominent /integral members of their churches - and yet - they behave like a**holes in many facets of their lives. They give an outward appearance of serenity, grace and "zen" - but for instance - in traffic they will be the biggest road ragers out there. They are the happy-go-lucky "life of the party" and dependable friend to all in public - but not in private.

Oh, I had a blast with one of these people one day. Our renters. She was throwing the bible at me, she was a good Christian, God would provide, forgive, blahblahblah. She said she has her bible open every day. I told her she's supposed to read it when she opens it, and threw scripture right back at her. Shut her up PDQ.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh, I had a blast with one of these people one day. Our renters. She was throwing the bible at me, she was a good Christian, God would provide, forgive, blahblahblah. She said she has her bible open every day. I told her she's supposed to read it when she opens it, and threw scripture right back at her. Shut her up PDQ.
I once dealt with a Good Christian Woman. She quit her employment with us to go to work for a client, for free. She expected us to pay her unemployment.

Bann

PREMO Member
:lol:
I have a good quote from scripture - "rot in h*ll". :killingme gme

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Right.

My husband's Dad is a minister. Like most, I had a preconceived idea of how Pastors are. Boy... was I wrong!