• Judicial Branch

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, why would the Legislative establishment be Article I and Executive is Article II? You'd think it would be the other way around: Executive created first, then Legislative.

MMDad

Lem Putt
The VP is arguably part of both branches, and is not excluded from either. He should be working under the most stringent rules and laws, not finding loopholes to fit the way he wants to work.

Example: In safety matters, a contractor working on the base in Maryland has to follow OSHA, MOSH, NAVOSH, company policy, and industry practices. What takes precedence when they conflict? The most stringent rule.

We have too many people in government trying to weasel their way of doing their job right by finding exceptions to rules. We need leadership from the top to set an example of compliance. Cheney is not setting the right example.

awpitt

Main Streeter
vraiblonde said:
Now, why would the Legislative establishment be Article I and Executive is Article II? You'd think it would be the other way around: Executive created first, then Legislative.

I remember reading somewhere that the "founders" wanted to de-emphasize the power of the president so they used Article I for the legislature.

D

Dixie

I thought he was Dark Lord of the Sith, enemy of the Jedi, master of the dark side of the Force, the Emperor's most trusted servants.

Wonder what branch that's under?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Dixie said:
I thought he was Dark Lord of the Sith, enemy of the Jedi, master of the dark side of the Force, the Emperor's most trusted servants.

Wonder what branch that's under?

The same one as the Emperor: The Fictional Branch. See article 666.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
As the Commander in Chief, the Veep is clearly part of the executive branch.

But laws, executive orders, and accountability don't apply to him.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
forestal said:
As the Commander in Chief, the Veep is clearly part of the executive branch.

But laws, executive orders, and accountability don't apply to him.

Don't know why I'm responding to something so blatantly stupid, but... Last I checked, the Pres was the CiC, not the VP. :confused: