Is it a test?

Bonehead

No it is just a test. It is a normal siren system test. Be glad they exist. They are used for more than just this plant.

Calidreamer

Oh thank goodness...I heard that thing so off and it was SO loud and went on forever. I had no idea what it was. All the dogs in my neighborhood were howling like crazy. Glad to know it was only a test. At least when it happens again I will know what it is. Question though...how do we know the difference between a test and a real emergency? I haven't lived in SOMD very long and have never lived anywhere near a plant like that. I suppose if everything starts glowing it wasn't a test huh?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
My bad...I should have read this first before asking the dumb question of how I would know if it was a test. Sorry :-/

Calvert Cliff's sends out a calender to the public that live in a 10 mile radius, I believe, that have the test dates maked on it for the whole year, other than that they try to announce over the local radio and other local media outlets in the area.

Bonehead

On a serious note if anyone is curious about plant operation I can explain it to you. Of course certain detals I can't but the basics of how it operates would be no problem. Just an offer.