Is it time

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
to start stretching out our backs and see if our swings have miraculously improved yet? I just found my dvd from golf school and I can't wait to see if I retained any of that knowledge.

smoothmarine187

lol....I'm pretty sure I'm still shooting in the 100's......Everyone at Cheseapeak hills looks at me like I'm a retard because I'm usually the only one on the golf course when it's 30 degrees outside.

kom526

smoothmarine187 said:
lol....I'm pretty sure I'm still shooting in the 100's......Everyone at Cheseapeak hills looks at me like I'm a retard because I'm usually the only one on the golf course when it's 30 degrees outside.
You should go over to Breton Bay and play. My FIL has had the #1 or #2 tee time every Sat for as long as I can remember. Those days include the occasional 20-30 degree days. He gets disappointed when they won't let him out when there is snow or frost on the greens. :lmao: I don't know how he can swing when he is bundled up like a little kid on a snow day.

BTW-Fees @ Breton Bay last summer were $45 for a Sat pm w/ cart. Chesapeake Hills is or was $45 also. Breton Bay is a MUCH nicer course, and Wicomico Shores is looking better than ever for $38 a round.

smoothmarine187

I just signed up for a membership at Cheseapeak hills. The ground was so frozen, I kept breaking off tee's trying to push then into the ground. The only good thing was that my balls bounce off the water hazards when they are frozen....lol.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kom526 said:
to start stretching out our backs and see if our swings have miraculously improved yet? I just found my dvd from golf school and I can't wait to see if I retained any of that knowledge.

Me and the kids are practicing our swings on the ballfield this afternoon. :batterup: :howdy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
nachomama said:
Me and the kids are practicing our swings on the ballfield this afternoon. :batterup: :howdy:
Thanks again for your help yesterday! I thought they did great for their size.

It's gorgeous outside. I thought there would be more golfers out.

Nupe2

kom526 said:

Played at Hains Point today...what a dump! I know it's still winter but damn! The "fairways" were muddy and pitted and full of goose crap. The tee boxes
were terrible and I played with a couple of guys who had no idea what golf etiquite is nor that golf shoes are helpful. I can understand playing in tennis shoes but timberlands?! They also spent the day walking or standing in my line, etc. Did I mention that the course sucked too? :lol:

Other than that, I played like azz (98) walked 18 and ended up with a massive cramp in my leg while eating dinner at Red Hot and Blue. Still, it was a good day. Can't wait to tee it up on a decent course with my SOMD buds...:yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
Thanks again for your help yesterday! I thought they did great for their size.

They did fantastic! My "mini-me" was very proud of them. I had to stand back and giggle to myself the way she acting. She reminded me of me! :jet: She can't wait for next year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And they say...

Nupe2 said:
walked 18 and ended up with a massive cramp in my leg while eating dinner at Red Hot and Blue. Still, it was a good day. Can't wait to tee it up on a decent course with my SOMD buds...:yay:

...golf isn't a sport.

kom526

Nupe2 said:
Played at Hains Point today...what a dump! I know it's still winter but damn! The "fairways" were muddy and pitted and full of goose crap. The tee boxes
were terrible and I played with a couple of guys who had no idea what golf etiquite is nor that golf shoes are helpful. I can understand playing in tennis shoes but timberlands?! They also spent the day walking or standing in my line, etc. Did I mention that the course sucked too? :lol:

Other than that, I played like azz (98) walked 18 and ended up with a massive cramp in my leg while eating dinner at Red Hot and Blue. Still, it was a good day. Can't wait to tee it up on a decent course with my SOMD buds...:yay:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. :lmao:

My FIL said that Breton Bay was in immaculate shape for this early in the season and that it was not too crowded on Saturday (like Bre said about Wicomico). I wonder what that was all about.:confused:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Played Tuesday at Chesapeake, shot 84 with one mulligan. Greens are slowly coming back, apparently they were killed off last summer. Birdied number 12(par 5,dogleg right, over a lake to green), 7 iron from 155 to 4 inches from the cup, probably the best shot I've had in years. Hit the ball great all day and never really got into too much trouble. Still wish they would blow up #15, hit a high fade off the tee within feet of the right side trees and still ended up in the rough on the left behind the tree guarding the green. Think the only way to play that hole is to hit short off the tee before the slope and leave yourself 170 yds to the green.

Looking forward to the beatup on Pete this year. :yay::lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
otter said:
Played Tuesday at Chesapeake, shot 84 with one mulligan. Greens are slowly coming back, apparently they were killed off last summer. Birdied number 12(par 5,dogleg right, over a lake to green), 7 iron from 155 to 4 inches from the cup, probably the best shot I've had in years. Hit the ball great all day and never really got into too much trouble. Still wish they would blow up #15, hit a high fade off the tee within feet of the right side trees and still ended up in the rough on the left behind the tree guarding the green. Think the only way to play that hole is to hit short off the tee before the slope and leave yourself 170 yds to the green.

Looking forward to the beatup on Pete this year. :yay::lmao:

I forgot to ask Catt yesterday, but is she practicing????

Otter

Nothing to see here
BS Gal said:
I forgot to ask Catt yesterday, but is she practicing????

Not yet, she wanted to go to the driving range this weekend but I don't think thats gonna happen.