Is Jack Russell Breaking the law?

male20674

He is too worried about getting all the fisherman off st george island. Its ridiculous the amount of police who come down just to harass the people fishing.

A couple citations for fish or getting rid of the drug in LPC?

Novus Collectus

If he is not buying the oil, then he is not a special fuel user under state law and does not have to pay a tax if getting it for free.

bcp

In My Opinion
If he is not buying the oil, then he is not a special fuel user under state law and does not have to pay a tax if getting it for free.
Even if he is buying it, the state should have no right to tax that purchase unless the state labels the vegetable oil as a fuel source.
how are they going to tax the electric that hybrid cars are using as a transportation fuel.

This state is going to be hard pressed to convince me they deserve even one more cent per year from the citizens.

Novus Collectus

So is the baynet article wrong?

It depends.

Article - Tax - General

§ 9-301.
(h) "Engage in the business of a special fuel user" means to:

(1) buy special fuel on which the motor fuel tax has not been paid; and

(2) use it in a motor vehicle that is:

(i) owned or operated by the special fuel user; and

(ii) registered to operate on a public highway.
One has to buy the special fuel in order to be a person who is "engaged in the business of a special fuel user".

Also....
(t) (1) "Special fuel user" means a person who engages in the business of a special fuel user.

(2) "Special fuel user" does not include:

(i) a person whose only storage for special fuel is the fuel supply tank of a motor vehicle;

(ii) a volunteer fire or nonprofit volunteer rescue company that is incorporated in the State and buys special fuel from a licensed special fuel seller to operate fire fighting vehicles or equipment; or

(iii) a person who pays the motor fuel tax on all special fuels to the supplier of the special fuels.
if he just fills up his tank and doesn't store any fuel he bought, then he is not a "special fuel user".