Is paid menstrual leave a possibility?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It will be interesting to see if this gains any traction.

Candidate for the 35th City Council District Renee Collymore (Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, Crown Heights, Downtown Brooklyn) has decided to launch her first of many progressive policies centered around women.

“It is unfair to keep holding women to these expectations when our intense, natural menstrual pain is preventing us from carrying out our normal work duties. This is why I am proposing a one week paid menstrual leave for all women. The pandemic has proven that remote work is effective, so when we are back in the office, this should be an additional menstrual leave option available to women,” said Collymore.

City Council Candidate Collymore Floats One-Week Menstrual Leave Policy (kingscountypolitics.com)

Rommey

Would be interesting to see how the transgenders would try to take advantage of this. Can you imagine the conflict when a person who identifies as a "male" also want to take advantage of this leave policy?

black dog

Free America
Why not, some folks are getting two week paid vacations for covid from contact only and no verified positive test results. I know of two folks that got vacations twice last year...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Almost makes me wish I didn't have POF (Premature Ovarian Failure). Haven't had a period since I was 32.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

And another reason men are paid more. They don't bitch and whine on the job or about the job to the degree women do.

:rolleyes: Bitching about what? Not feeling well? I work in a service oriented business and I'm at least twice the age (or 3 times in the case of 2 of them) of some of our employees (who are male). I take off the LEAST amount of sick time of all of them. As in I have taken off actually "sick" maybe 8 total hours in 2 years.

glhs837

Power with Control
How about shifting that time? You need two-three days, make those hours up elsewhere in the month. I could support that.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Orgasms lessen the severity of a bad period. Give them a vibrator and a room to get off in and all should be fine!

Seriously, this is crazy. There are may options for women with heavy and painful periods now like ablation and many more forms of birth control which can lessen the severity available than when I was younger.

phreddyp

:rolleyes: Bitching about what? Not feeling well? I work in a service oriented business and I'm at least twice the age (or 3 times in the case of 2 of them) of some of our employees (who are male). I take off the LEAST amount of sick time of all of them. As in I have taken off actually "sick" maybe 8 total hours in 2 years.
Sounds like you just hate to go home, I have a friend like you and it is a miserable existence .

glhs837

Power with Control
Orgasms lessen the severity of a bad period. Give them a vibrator and a room to get off in and all should be fine!

Seriously, this is crazy. There are may options for women with heavy and painful periods now like ablation and many more forms of birth control which can lessen the severity available than when I was younger.
.....oh...I read it wrong. I thought is was one week of "masturbation leave"......nebbermind.

Looked like these posts belonged closer together....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

And another reason men are paid more. They don't bitch and whine on the job or about the job to the degree women do.

Took the words right out of my fingers. Women fought for generations to be taken seriously in the workplace and be considered equal, now this twit wants menstrual leave.

:roflmao:

Does anyone still doubt that the Left is waging war on women?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was referring to the monthly women's issue. Whatever happened to just sucking it up butter cup? Take a Midol or two? Many a day men go to work in pain and just work through it. Men aren't looking for compassion. Hell, I had a co-worker once that was passing some kidney stones. Went on for a week. You could hear him yelling and bitching from the bathroom. When he was finished, he'd open the door and tell everyone who wanted to come and have a look see at the stone/s and blood before he flushed. (Once was enough btw). But after that, he went right back to working again. Without whining about his predicament, or the next coming visit to the toilet. That's the difference.

phreddyp

:killingme
Yes, it's a terrible existence not being sick all the time! Getting paid for all the sick leave I don't use up is nice, too

Don't worry, little Freddy :headpat: I can outrun, out hike and out dance kids half my age. :jet:
Then why aren't you in the Olympics ? Should work for you well with not wanting to be home.