Is the NBA over reacting...

Ponytail

LordStanley said:
Wait..... did I name the wrong game?...Or was it rough house... I know someone else besides me, as a kid, played full contact basketball before.

Street Rulez B-Ball!! :boxing:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Larry Gude said:
...are EXPECTED to fight, what's wrong with the NBA fighting?
NASCAR has a fence. NFL has nets. And too often, I've seen NBA players jumping into the stands and what not.

That's what you get when society allows criminals to walk because they're a celebirty.

Ponytail

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
NASCAR has a fence. NFL has nets. And too often, I've seen NBA players jumping into the stands and what not.

That's what you get when society allows criminals to walk because they're a celebirty.

Even Charles Barkley has been known to say that Sport Stars should not be made role models because too many times, they prove why they aren't.

LordStanley

I know nothing
what gets me is not the fighting in sports, its the over commercialization of sports and sporting events. Ya think fighting is bad in the NHL... Ever been to a Box Lacross game. Those guys kill each other. Way worse than any NHL game Ive been to, or hockey game that I played in.

But the fans love it. Why dont people hear or care about that?. Cause its not in the lime light. Its also never on national TV....

Hockey.... Not on national TV. 1 game a week, maybe. The local stations barely carry the Caps Games. When they do fight, they dont show it. They
Cut to a commercial or show a different part of the arena. Only fights Ive seen this year have been on my NHL center ice package.

The NHL is trying to phase out fighting... Excessive rules and fines for coaches and players. Mix in game suspensions and the essence of hockey is slowly fading away. It really pisses me off. Fighting has always been a part of hockey.

Football, Baseball, basketball and hockey want to project a positive image to its fans. Why???

15 yard penalty for taunting... waaaaaa :bawl:
Unsportsmenlike for excessive endzone celebration.... waaaaa :bawl:
$10,000 dollar fine and a game suspension for fighting in the last 5 minutes of a hockey game....waaaaa :bawl:
Fine a player for giving the fans the bird.... waaa :bawl:

Thank god For WWF, where Stone Cold drank beer, spit on the people in the front row and flicked everone off in the crowd. Doesnt look like they are loosing money or a fan base....

This nation needs to grow up, and stop being pussies.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LordStanley said:
what gets me is not the fighting in sports, its the over commercialization of sports and sporting events. Ya think fighting is bad in the NHL... Ever been to a Box Lacross game. Those guys kill each other. Way worse than any NHL game Ive been to, or hockey game that I played in.

But the fans love it. Why dont people hear or care about that?. Cause its not in the lime light. Its also never on national TV....

Hockey.... Not on national TV. 1 game a week, maybe. The local stations barely carry the Caps Games. When they do fight, they dont show it. They
Cut to a commercial or show a different part of the arena. Only fights Ive seen this year have been on my NHL center ice package.

The NHL is trying to phase out fighting... Excessive rules and fines for coaches and players. Mix in game suspensions and the essence of hockey is slowly fading away. It really pisses me off. Fighting has always been a part of hockey.

Football, Baseball, basketball and hockey want to project a positive image to its fans. Why???

15 yard penalty for taunting... waaaaaa :bawl:
Unsportsmenlike for excessive endzone celebration.... waaaaa :bawl:
$10,000 dollar fine and a game suspension for fighting in the last 5 minutes of a hockey game....waaaaa :bawl:
Fine a player for giving the fans the bird.... waaa :bawl:

Thank god For WWF, where Stone Cold drank beer, spit on the people in the front row and flicked everone off in the crowd. Doesnt look like they are loosing money or a fan base....

This nation needs to grow up, and stop being pussies.

All hail Stone Cold Steve Austin & DeGeneration X... :razz:

MMDad

Lem Putt
This has nothing to do with protecting the fans. That's just dumb if you think it is.

There are two factors here:

1. Fighting is legal in Hockey. It is not legal in B-ball. It is legal in Boxing. It is not legal in Football. That's just the way it is.

2. The penalties were about one thing: $$$$$$$$$. Even the suspensions are about taking money away from the players and revenue from the teams. So why would they want to make a $$$$$ impact?

Because the NBA wants to draw big name, big $$$, main stream advertisers and sponsors who refuse to have their names associated with a bunch of thugs who brawl on the court.

I think the NBA is learning from NASCAR. Tony Stewart was being bad. Nascar fined him. He didn't stop. Nascar penalized him. He didn't stop. Home depot threatened his $$$$. He shut up and cleaned up.

The survival of professional sports relies on their ability to draw advertisers. Last Saturday hurt that, so the NBA took appropriate action. When it happens again, you can count on the penalties growing. It's good business. Nothing more, nothing less.

angel11284

I think that Carmello needed to be punished but 15 games is extreme...I only say this because I really want to see how he plays w/ Iverson and now we have to wait until the end of January