Is there a better

K

Kizzy

CMC122 said:
My mom makes the bestest cake ever out of Pistachio Pudding:yum::yum:

That sounds good. :yum:

My boys love Pistachio too, and I would have to say Butterscotch is another one I like too. I've had bread pudding and rice pudding and it is ok, just not on my list of favorites.

Oh, I like Choc. pudding and Vanilla, but if I have to go with making it out of the box, I prefer the cooked kind.

Yeah, I've had too much coffee today. :razz:

Agee

morganj614 said:
Oh my fave..I need a teeny kitchen torch to carmelize the top.
If you don't want to spend the cash on a teeny torch. I have used one of the torches you solder pipe with (pyro), or the broiler.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Crème Brule',

Actually a custard, but my hillbilly friends call it
"burnt puddin" :twitch:
If you find a place that makes it in this area that isn't achingly sweet, I'd love to know where it is. The closest I've found is CD Cafe in Solomons.

Agee

jazz lady said:
If you find a place that makes it in this area that isn't achingly sweet, I'd love to know where it is. The closest I've found is CD Cafe in Solomons.
CD's does make a good one. The Dry Docks' are pretty good.

Hey make them at home, you can control the amount of sugar. If you do, you gots to use fresh vanillia bean!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
CD's does make a good one. The Dry Docks' are pretty good.
Hmm...haven't been to the Dry Dock in ages. Thanks. :yay:

Hey make them at home, you can control the amount of sugar. If you do, you gots to use fresh vanillia bean!
Madagascar Vanilla Bean all the way, baby. :yay: That is, IF I had the time or disposition TO cook. :lmao:

Agee

Recipie,

Makes 10, using small custrad dishes.

1/2 qt. whole milk
1/2 qt. heavy cream
10 egg yolks
7 oz. sugar (try 4 to 5 ozs. if your not into sweet)
2 whole vanillia beans, split in half

Bring the milk, cream and vanillia bean to a slow boil, cook for about 10 mins. remove from heat.

Wisk egg yolks with the sugar until lemony in color.

* Tricky part, You don't want to scramble the eggs. So add small portions of the heated milk to the eggs while stirring. Once the eggs/sugar come up to temperature. Stir in the rest of milk mixture.

Devide the mixture amoung custard cups, place in a water bath (large bakinng dish 1/4 to 1/2 filled with water. Bake in a 275 to 300 degree oven for about 45 minutes, until set.

Cool, then refrigerate. When ready to serve. Top with brown sugar, and carmilize under the broiler.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Airgasm said:
You seem to be one with fine tastes. I'm suprised.

It just seems like any time Creme Brule' is on the menu, so is Key Lime pie, which is my all time favorite.

morganj614

Airgasm said:
If you don't want to spend the cash on a teeny torch. I have used one of the torches you solder pipe with (pyro), or the broiler.

I don't have a solder torch and I COULD use my broiler but I like CD's...That a a spiked coffee..yum :coffee: