Is this a weird practice for a Dentist?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Geek said:
:huggy: It sounds like a horrible accident, I am glad your pain is over :flowers:

I'm glad it's over, too. :lmao:

Good luck with your crowns. It's really not that bad. My husband just had one done....took a few weeks, but now he says it feels normal.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I have had crowns and bridges done. With the bridges it took a liitle time to get use to having teeth were there were none. (Never came in as a kid.) After the crowns the dentist will adjust your bite to make sure the bite is even. I thought the worst part of the whole ordeal was the efin needles and having your mouth jacked open for so long!!!! :lmao:

ohstate

I paid for some extensive dental work for my brother last year. They wanted payment up front, too. He had some insurance, and they were very good working with me on what insurance covered and what I needed to pay. I don't think it is unusual for them to ask for payment up front at all.

Good luck with your work! I had one cap this year (broken tooth, but didn't need a root canal thankfully), and I never want to spend that much time in a dentist's chair again.

Geek

ohstate said:
I paid for some extensive dental work for my brother last year. They wanted payment up front, too. He had some insurance, and they were very good working with me on what insurance covered and what I needed to pay. I don't think it is unusual for them to ask for payment up front at all.

Good luck with your work! I had one cap this year (broken tooth, but didn't need a root canal thankfully), and I never want to spend that much time in a dentist's chair again.

Thanks :yay: I really liked the dentist and staff. The office was wonderful and clean with all the bells and whistles, I had a little doubt when they asked for all the monet up front (they did offer a discount for a paid in full account) Now I have to see how the work is done :scared: It is hard to trust after this last bad situation

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm gonna go to the sedation dentist. You get your teeth fixed and a nap at the same time. My kinda guy.l

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BS Gal said:
I'm gonna go to the sedation dentist. You get your teeth fixed and a nap at the same time. My kinda guy.l
The only thing scary about him is that his name is Modick, I think.......