Isabel

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth14
OK...

I'm just about as ready as I'm going to be.

I got the gutters cleaned, and the materials to repair the downspouts first thing Thursday morning.

I bought a flashlight and new batteries.

I bought a battery-powered radio.

I taped X's on my windows.

I bought 4 gallons of water, and I'm going to fill the bathtubs and sinks with water tomorrow for flushing/cleaning purposes.

I've put all valuable items in the most structurally sound area of the house.

I've unplugged almost all the appliances, and will have all of them unplugged tomorrow.

I've secured all items inside and outside of my house that I can think of.

I got a full tank of gas.

I did my laundry.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to get everything off the floor of the basement just in case of water coming in.

And that's about it.

Couldn't do anything about those dead trees, so I guess I just hope for the best.
What about your MILF woman?

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by PFgal
What does taping Xs on the windows do???

:shrug: Taping an X on the window is supposed to keep glass from flying everywhere, if the window breaks.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by sleuth14
OK...

I'm just about as ready as I'm going to be.

I got the gutters cleaned, and the materials to repair the downspouts first thing Thursday morning.

I bought a flashlight and new batteries.

I bought a battery-powered radio.

I taped X's on my windows.

I bought 4 gallons of water, and I'm going to fill the bathtubs and sinks with water tomorrow for flushing/cleaning purposes.

I've put all valuable items in the most structurally sound area of the house.

I've unplugged almost all the appliances, and will have all of them unplugged tomorrow.

I've secured all items inside and outside of my house that I can think of.

I got a full tank of gas.

I did my laundry.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to get everything off the floor of the basement just in case of water coming in.

And that's about it.

Couldn't do anything about those dead trees, so I guess I just hope for the best.
Great Job Sleuth but did you buy beer? :wink:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by IM4Change
:shrug: Taping an X on the window is supposed to keep glass from flying everywhere, if the window breaks.

Anyone know if this really works? Should I do it, or is that being over-cautious??

mainman

Set Trippin
Anyone know if this really works? Should I do it, or is that being over-cautious??
I'm not doing that... I think its overkill. I could be wrong but.... we will see.

K

Kizzy

I've thought about doing it just in my living room, where we will be sleeping tomorrow. Trees surround me, so I'm more worried about the trees. I also have a stack of 4X12's on the side of my house. They are supposed to be used for a deer fort, but they have been sitting there for months. I have no place to store them. I suggested the garage, but the DH keeps saying that is why we have insurance. :rolleyes:

I’ve got batteries and plenty of bottled water. SFW in Waldorf was a madhouse tonight and the lines were to the back of the store. I went in the express/cash only line so it was only about a 10-minute wait to get out of the store. There were no available carts when I was leaving the store about 7.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Depends how much glass you want to have flying around or cleaning up if a window gets busted.

Bones

Work

Work might actually pick up a little bit for me after this storm.
By all means, feel free to play outside during the wrath of "izzy" as you guys so lovingly refer to her. Ill call her opportunity knocking.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by IM4Change
I also have a stack of 4X12's on the side of my house. They are supposed to be used for a deer fort, but they have been sitting there for months. I have no place to store them. I suggested the garage, but the DH keeps saying that is why we have insurance.
I would move them if I was you or at least strap them into one large heavier bundle.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think you'll be okay PFGal ... you have a newer house and I think the windows are made to withstand more wind (they're more 'flexible' I think) than older ones. I worried about it too, but think we'll be okay.

I don't get the plastic stuff on windows. If the window breaks, won't glass cut through plastic? :shrug:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
like there's a shred of plastic or duct tape left in the northeastern portion of the country. :ohwell:

TWLs wife

St.Mary's is Not Flood which Anymore!

At Least What Fox 5 is showing. But weatherbug say's we are. Now really I'm not sure ? Please Let me Know?:oops: :confused: :dosman:

Bertha Venation

Dig this photo!

isabel091703-2115zb2.jpg