isabel

elezli

just moved here from ohio and have never experienced "hurricane effects"! is anyone evacuating the area for a few days? last night on the news it didn't sound good for anyone living near the patuxent,potomac and/or the bay area!

elezli

i do like to have a good time,i don't think i want to deal with the crosswinds driving over the bridge to go to the tiki...but thanks:cheers:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by elezli
i do like to have a good time,i don't think i want to deal with the crosswinds driving over the bridge to go to the tiki...but thanks:cheers:

Bridge will be out by then, you'll have to swim...A group swim is leaving Hollywood at 6pm Thursday, we'll see ya at Tika at 8pm..

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
just moved here from ohio and have never experienced "hurricane effects"! is anyone evacuating the area for a few days? last night on the news it didn't sound good for anyone living near the patuxent,potomac and/or the bay area!

Where in Ohio??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by otter
Bridge will be out by then, you'll have to swim...A group swim is leaving Hollywood at 6pm Thursday, we'll see ya at Tika at 8pm..
You coming over to lead the way this time?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I don't swim very well. If I tie line onto my inflatable raft can one of you tow it along? :cheesy:

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
toledo for 42 years,then lived in pickerington(suburb south of columbus) for 1 year

I had an aunt that lived in Toledo and I lived in Southern Ohio.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle
I don't swim very well. If I tie line onto my inflatable raft can one of you tow it along? :cheesy:
You always want a free ride. :bonk:

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
small world isn't it! how long have you lived here? do you like it?

I've lived in southern Maryland for 13 years. I like it here, but I would rather be back in Ohio closer to family.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
On a serious note, hurricane parties aside :wink: I am from the South and have been thru many hurricanes. I am evac'ing the area. The only thing is, you never know exactly where to head. The hurricane can come further inland, or bounce off and bounce back, set off tornadoes, etc. If you feel secure in your home - head to the basement area or to any inward rooms (no windows nor doors) or you can plan on heading to one of the emergency shelters currently being set up. My issue is that I have a dog, and no emergency shelter willt ake animals.
I do suggest carring your insurance paperwork with you - having an emergency evac kit just to be safe, and taking as much as possible to the highest level of your home. Also store or wrap your photos and other precious papers in plastic.

RodRugg

WOW! This hurricane is scary. I've never seen a hurricane. One time my uncle Stanley lived in Florida and he had a hurricane and it pounded his head off. He got busted in the chops with a flying garbage can lid and had to get 48 stitches. It totally wrecked his mobile home and flew it into the woods. He moved up here and now he's gonna get bombed again. He says Jesus is teaching him a lesson about that time in the 6th grade.

elezli

Originally posted by migtig
On a serious note, hurricane parties aside :wink: I am from the South and have been thru many hurricanes. I am evac'ing the area. The only thing is, you never know exactly where to head. The hurricane can come further inland, or bounce off and bounce back, set off tornadoes, etc. If you feel secure in your home - head to the basement area or to any inward rooms (no windows nor doors) or you can plan on heading to one of the emergency shelters currently being set up. My issue is that I have a dog, and no emergency shelter willt ake animals.
I do suggest carring your insurance paperwork with you - having an emergency evac kit just to be safe, and taking as much as possible to the highest level of your home. Also store or wrap your photos and other precious papers in plastic.

thank you for your input! i think we are going to decide tonight whether or not we leave in the a.m.(to beat the traffic jam) trying to decide on where to go is the question of the day...don't really want to drive back to ohio,just visited there last week