isabel

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I can't believe some people are thinking of leaving. Where's your sense of adventure? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon
I can't believe some people are thinking of leaving. Where's your sense of adventure? Sheesh! :rolleyes:
No kidding.....total :bs: for around here.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Where do you go when you don't know where the storm is heading? I would rather stay where I know the areas prone to flooding. My house is a little over 80 years old so it has seen and survived some of these storms before. I'll be holding down the fort with the wife and dog.

Sparx

I am also from OH. Moved here about 4-1/2 years ago from the Mansfield OH area. Have relatives in Toledo myself. I am staying here for the storm. I just bought a boat 2 weeks ago and am wondering what to do with that situation as it is in the water and no trailer to get it out. The owner of the marina says to be close to the boat to try and keep an eye on it. I suppose I will be down there with him and the other boat owners in that marina helping out. Kinda scarry with this strorm maybe hitting here directly. I'm going to meet him tonight to talk it out...lol. He is VERY salty so I will probably take whatever advice he has for me. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I'll let you know how things go for me after the storm is gone.:shrug:

alex

If you have a large plastic trash can (not in use) or a rubbermaid roughtote you might want to line it with a trash bag, then put in anything you can not replace - family photos, etc. Then seal the item with duct tape to help keep it water tight. As for leaving the area - it is a personal decision. But where are you going to go? All my family is actually in the line for the hurricane and I have animals I am not leaving alone, so we'll stick it out.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...

:yeahthat: there's not a meteor on a collision course with the eastern seaboard causing a tidal wave to wash out the east coast. it's a hurricane. get some batteries for the radio, keep a couple of jugs of water and some easy food (PB&J sandwiches), sit tight, and have an evac location if you need one (i.e., a neighbor's basement if you don't have one in your home). I don't enjoy hurricanes any more than the next person, but I don't see sitting in traffic for hours to run to another state as much better an option, personally. :ohwell:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
Pssst.... prepare a back-up plan... he peters out early.:gossip:
The candle that burns half as long... Burns twice as bright.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
The candle that burns half as long... Burns twice as bright.

But Grasshopper, it's not the length of the candle as much as it is the width of the wick.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by justhangn
But Grasshopper, it's not the length of the candle as much as it is the width of the wick.

you guys still have it all wrong ... :duh:

L x W = O

J

justhangn

Originally posted by crabcake
you guys still have it all wrong ... :duh:

L x W = O

Licking x Womb

Length X Width

Long X Wood

:shrug: Which is it??

Red_rocket

Well I have been watching this whole thing very closely and I work in a building with NOAA, soooo As of right now it looks as if you are living on the water in StMary's you are prolly going to get some water damage, Anne Arundell too but Charles, and the Northern end of StMary's looks like they are going to get sustained 30-50mph winds (which aren't crap) and a lot of rain and stuff. Other than that Just go out and pick up any loose articles in your yard. ie... gas cans, lawn furniture, dogs, cats, you know things that might fly around in 50mph winds.

Make sure your sump pumps are working and get some flashlights batteries for the radio and a coleman stove would be nice if you lose electricity