Israel Wants to Build a Moat

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A better solution would be to round up all the Palestinians inside Israel and chop them into little pieces. But what do I know. :shrug:

soul4sale

Originally posted by vraiblonde
A better solution would be to round up all the Palestinians inside Israel and chop them into little pieces. But what do I know. :shrug:

I was actually thinking more of a well-placed tactical nuke on Jerusalem. *poof* Nothing left to fight over! Actually, just targeting one on the city would probably inspire a new spirit of cooperation.

Anyway, I read today that Israel is considering unmanned vehicles and gun cameras for border defense. This remind anybody else of that Aeon Flux episode?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by soul4sale
I was actually thinking more of a well-placed tactical nuke on Jerusalem. *poof* Nothing left to fight over! Actually, just targeting one on the city would probably inspire a new spirit of cooperation. [/B]
Why? :confused:

soul4sale

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Why? :confused:

Much of this intractable conflict stems from two problems: a) Egypt and Syria not wanting to admit that their asses were thoroughly whooped in the 60s and ignoring the fact that they left thousands of their ex-countrymen stranded and b) the U.S.'s bad habit of pumping cash into Israel, despite the fact that its hardline leadership keeps doing things that complicate our ability to maintain a secure energy supply.

Yes, yes, I know what the Bible says in Revelation, but my gas costs two f-ing dollars for no good reason other than the market is spooked by all this killing.

With the Cold War now in recession, Israel has turned from a strategic ally into a liability. It can afford to keep waging this politcally annoying war of principle, b/c it knows that the U.S. will pick up the tab. However, if we pull that support and start treating them like we do NK - a rouge nuclear state with a really bad inferiority complex - then Sharon and Co. might knock it off and go to the table.

Who do you think is going to be paying for their border death bots?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by soul4sale
then Sharon and Co. might knock it off and go to the table.
Getting Sharon to the table hasn't been the problem. It's getting Arafat to the table that's the problem. Every "peace" summit he's been invited to, he stomps out if it's so much as suggested that he make a compromise.

I admire the Israelis - they're a tough bunch. They should have been wiped off the map by now but they rise up righteous and kick the sh*t out of whoever messes with them. They do it right - no mercy for their enemies. Granted, we've given them a hand - but they've been a much better investment than, say, Iraq or Afghanistan. :lol:

We should give them 100% support. After all, we're fighting the same enemy.