It's 3pm on PGA Thursday

A couple nobodies on the top. Haven't seen a 1-2 that looks like that in AGES!

Yeah, do you know much about this Tiger guy? I mean, do you think he can keep this going through the weekend, or is he just another one-thursday-round flash in the pan?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The super long (longest ever PGA Championship) plays to Tiger, especially if there are generous landing areas in the fairways. I'm going try and watch a bit of it today after we do our errands.

Padraig looked as good as any of the leaders, and really looked like he had the goods to get it done today - he just doesn't seem to be affected by the Tiger factor.

Then ... plays himself out of it with one disastrous hole (made an 8 on the par 3 eighth, hitting two balls into the water). I hate it when that happens to people, but it's part of the game.

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Padraig looked as good as any of the leaders, and really looked like he had the goods to get it done today - he just doesn't seem to be affected by the Tiger factor.

Then ... plays himself out of it with one disastrous hole (made an 8 on the par 3 eighth, hitting two balls into the water). I hate it when that happens to people, but it's part of the game.

He played that hole exactly as I would have..:lol: Its a shame, I like Harrington.

It will be interesting how that missed birdie putt of Yang is gonna affect him when he could have taken the lead. Definitely had a 'choke' look about it.

He played that hole exactly as I would have..:lol: Its a shame, I like Harrington. That's why I love match play, but that's not practical for the Tour and wouldn't sell as well anyway.

It will be interesting how that missed birdie putt of Yang is gonna affect him when he could have taken the lead. Definitely had a 'choke' look about it.

Yeah, he let Tiger off the hook. Tiger hasn't been sharp at all, but they've let him get away with it - I suspect he'll be able to close the deal from this point, but you never know ...

Good miss there, Yang. :lmao:

Maybe he is still in this thing. It would make a good story if he could hang on and win it, but it wouldn't make up for Tom Watson coming up a pinch short at the Open.

Big ups to Yang. :yay: This is a bigger day for golf than most people will realize, and the PGA commissioner has to be smiling from ear to ear right now.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Book it, Tiger already won - Yang just doesn't know it yet (which is great, he gets to enjoy the experience of pretending that he's competing to win a major :lol:).

:whistle:

i figured Tiger would come back, but hole after hole he was just lookin crappy. If he was gonna win, Yang was gonna need to choke...and he didn't. Speaking of CHOKING, what happened to Harrington! One hole and he was done for.