It's 3pm on PGA Thursday

:whistle:

i figured Tiger would come back, but hole after hole he was just lookin crappy. Tiger just wasn't sharp, and like all experienced golfers, he knew it. They kept talking about him playing conservative - but that wasn't it. He just knew that he wasn't as sharp as he wanted to be, so he couldn't afford to try to play the shots he would have liked to - he played smart and worked with what he thought he had in his bag. Some days, you fell like you can stick every shot to 10-20 feet, and flight the ball however you need to. Some days, you think you're likely to lose every shot, and any which way. You work with what you have and make decisions accordingly. I don't think Tiger set out to follow a conservative game plan today, but once he got on the course, he wasn't going to force something that wasn't there. Most days, playing smart like that would have been enough for him - but Yang stood up to the pressure of the situation and made the shots he needed to. He deserves a ton of credit. If he was gonna win, Yang was gonna need to choke...and he didn't. Speaking of CHOKING, what happened to Harrington! One hole and he was done for.

Yeah, but I wouldn't say that what happened to Harrington was choking. He just played that hole a little too aggressive, and didn't execute the shots with the precision that he then needed. I don't think the pressure of the situation affects him nearly as much as it does most of the other contenders - he's got a good mindset in that regard.

Sometimes we try too hard to make up for the mistake we made on the last shot, and it bites us. Happens to everyone at some point (well, except for Tiger :lol:).