It's amazing

S

saddlesore

SouthernMdRocks said:
That's too bad to drive all the way there and find out otherwise. What are you looking for?? Perhaps I have one the might be what you're looking for!!! I'm downsizing to save my sanity!! :lmao: :lmao:
Not to mention saving some $$....

OK - I'm basically looking for an all-round packer: about 15.3-16hh, some prior jumping experience, and -most important- with good trail experience. The trail part is very important!! There are lots of jumpers out there with show experience, but not good trail sense. OR, they are good trail horses, but have no jumping experience. I'd like to do some competitive trail, paper chase, and hunter paces. But do want to do some jumping, too! (That's why I like a little height on the horse).

Am I asking too much??? :shrug:

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
When looking for bigger pasos and they tell me they are OVER 14.1 I ask for a picture of the horse being stuck (stick the horse and take a picture) I got this mare from SC sight unseen and she was "Well over 15.2 hands" she got here and when they took her off the trailer I said she is NOT over 15H the lady said I showed jumpers this is a big mare..I said she may be big for a paso but she is NOT a big mare I bet she is not much more then 14.2 nice mare and big for a paso but if I wanted to be a biatch they could have hauled her back to SC.

http://appyday.com/images/Paso Finos/New arrivals/Aug13200627.jpg

http://appyday.com/images/Paso Finos/Misty/429200737.jpg

That is a good idea to ask for a "stuck" picture. :yay:

From the pictures, the mare actually does look big for a PasoFino. She's a nice looking mare, too, but yeah, you'd would've been within your right to have them haul her back - cuz they were definitely exaggerating about her height. But I think she's nice - I would've kept her. :huggy:

S

saddlesore

mingiz said:
I think everyone got tired of the BS that was flying around here. Now we have the red karm givers.

I'll take the BS over the red karma givers. (Now watch - I'm gonna get red for saying that!).

What really burns me is that they don't even bother to be clever. They're just mean spirited, and seem to give it willy nilly, just for the h*ll of it. :boo:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
saddlesore said:
OK - I'm basically looking for an all-round packer: about 15.3-16hh, some prior jumping experience, and -most important- with good trail experience. The trail part is very important!! There are lots of jumpers out there with show experience, but not good trail sense. OR, they are good trail horses, but have no jumping experience. I'd like to do some competitive trail, paper chase, and hunter paces. But do want to do some jumping, too! (That's why I like a little height on the horse).

Sounds like your looking for a Field Hunter that does the Adult Amateurs. :lmao: I'll let you know if I come across anything.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SouthernMdRocks said:
how quite it has been on the forum lately. :snooze: :snooze: :snooze:
Peeps are their friendly selves. :huggy:

No :elaine: shait stirring going on..

Just thought I'd mention it... :howdy: and say hi. It's a beautiful day outside, wish I wasn't at work!! :whistle:
F You....

AND the horse you rode in on..

covekat

saddlesore said:

Whats your price range? I know of a really nice horse... has hunted, done a little showing, always placed 1st, 2cond or third over fences and has been evented...

9 yr old grey TB/WB gelding 15.3... sound, no vices.

S

saddlesore

covekat said:
Whats your price range? I know of a really nice horse... has hunted, done a little showing, always placed 1st, 2cond or third over fences and has been evented...

9 yr old grey TB/WB gelding 15.3... sound, no vices.

Put it this way: I don't want to spend a ruddy fortune. Buying a horse is somewhat like a crapshoot, you know? You could spend 10K for a nice, made horse, but a couple years down the line end up with navicular, ringbone, yada yada, and that's even after a clean vet check. I don't mind spending $$$ on monthly supplements, special feed, etc.

I sorta had my heart set on a mare, but this gelding sounds intriguing! Can you send me some more info on him, Covekat?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I bet Kizer is still trying to talk that poor little kid from Africa to come home with him :ohwell: Maybe it was not ment to be..:ohwell:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
saddlesore said:
That is a good idea to ask for a "stuck" picture. :yay:

From the pictures, the mare actually does look big for a PasoFino. She's a nice looking mare, too, but yeah, you'd would've been within your right to have them haul her back - cuz they were definitely exaggerating about her height. But I think she's nice - I would've kept her. :huggy:

Thanks she is a nice mare and killer for the money..well bred too..I seem to fall into these awsome deals :lmao: She is bred to my stud (avatar) and due this fall..Yeah I know fall babies but I got her late last year..so I wont breed either mare this year (2007) I will wait till next spring to rebreed them..

You know the story on my KILLER new boy don't you..the bay boy with the white socks I have posted all the neat pictures of??

S

saddlesore

itsbob said:
F You....
AND the horse you rode in on..

Uhhh, you're being facetious, right?

I hope so, because you don't really seem the sort to get his jollies by randomly posting FU's for no discernible reason.

BTW, who can guess what film that quote came from?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
SLIM said:
Sorry you had a bad day yesterday! :huggy:
Hope it was better today because we had another REALLY NICE DAY today! :banana:

I guess I should have added the :elaine:

She (?) was complaining about how quiet it was, and how there was no :drama:

Just trying to liven it up for her!

(itsbob)

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
Thanks she is a nice mare and killer for the money..well bred too..I seem to fall into these awsome deals :lmao: She is bred to my stud (avatar) and due this fall..Yeah I know fall babies but I got her late last year..so I wont breed either mare this year (2007) I will wait till next spring to rebreed them..

You know the story on my KILLER new boy don't you..the bay boy with the white socks I have posted all the neat pictures of??

How do you fall into those awesome deals? Tell me your secret! :notworthy

What is the story on the new boy? I've seen his pix - NICE!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
saddlesore said:
How do you fall into those awesome deals? Tell me your secret! :notworthy

What is the story on the new boy? I've seen his pix - NICE!

They wanted $3500 for him..he was in SC too...SC must be big on pasos..anyway I offered them $800 and they took it..My contract reads...(he is a nice flasy registered well bred paso)

SO I bought him sight unseen and had him hauled in

1. Ran off and threw the last two riders on him for unknown reasons..

2. Small cyst girth area (painless)

3. Missing back tooth...

4. NOT being sold as a beginners horse..

I cant MAKE him make a wrong move..Ask Mingiz he is great...only think I can think the last two girls that rode him were skinny little english girls that are not used to riding a Paso and he got ahead of them.. :lmao:

As for luck..I do good..I made over $1500 on the walker a couple weeks ago..I have always done well with what I do...I guess I just keep my butt cheeks tight to keep that golden horse shoe from falling out..thats what my ebay partner used to tell me when we were doing well..she said..tight cheek it..dont let it fall out.. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It's amazing 06-24-2007 06:59 AM I usually like you Bob, but that wasn't nice

Geeze, you guys need to go buy a sense of humor.. that was tongue in cheek, and THOUGHT someone would get the humor as to the original post..

S

saddlesore

itsbob said:
It's amazing 06-24-2007 06:59 AM I usually like you Bob, but that wasn't nice

Geeze, you guys need to go buy a sense of humor.. that was tongue in cheek, and THOUGHT someone would get the humor as to the original post..

Subtleties apparently don't play well here. I confess I didn't see the connection to the original post about it being quiet here, but I don't recall the film that quote came from. That was a LONG time ago! Clue us in , will you?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
saddlesore said:

Sorry SSore, I don't have any that fit the bill. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open for you. :howdy: