It's not just toilet paper....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Coronavirus concerns: People are panic-buying baby chickens

Through the coronavirus pandemic and a future of uncertainties, Americans have been flocking to bulk-buy toilet paper, groceries and cleaning disinfectants like never before. However, the latest purchasing trend in some parts of the country is allegedly agrarian: baby chickens.

In recent weeks, a chorus of reports have harmoniously chirped that people in some places in Utah, Missouri and Texas are “panic-buying” chickens. According to Food & Wine, the demand is likely driven by shortage-related anxieties during the pandemic, from more expensive egg prices to empty shelves at grocery stores, and even perhaps a desire for a more self-sufficient food supply during the ongoing outbreak.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Through the coronavirus pandemic and a future of uncertainties, Americans have been flocking to bulk-buy toilet paper, groceries and cleaning disinfectants like never before. However, the latest purchasing trend in some parts of the country is allegedly agrarian: baby chickens.

In recent weeks, a chorus of reports have harmoniously chirped that people in some places in Utah, Missouri and Texas are “panic-buying” chickens. According to Food & Wine, the demand is likely driven by shortage-related anxieties during the pandemic, from more expensive egg prices to empty shelves at grocery stores, and even perhaps a desire for a more self-sufficient food supply during the ongoing outbreak.

U.F.B. This and people suddenly planting their victory gardens is ridiculous. By the time either of these mature and produce, this whole thing will have blown over.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think in the near term a lot of people will be slowly storing up supplies to tuck away in the cool, dark spaces of their homes. My LW is NOT a fan of guns but she tolerates my ownership of them because she is smart enough to know that her lack of fondness for inanimate objects should not over rule common sense. Anyway, I pulled out and cleaned everything I owned a couple of weeks ago after seeing several strange cars slow rolling the hood. She asked me what I was doing, I told her and her reply was, "When you done there can you help me do (random task). No histrionics, or outrage, just simple acceptance of fact.

So now I have my list of "must haves" and I am formulating the storage situation. Fortunately I have a couple of places to choose from and importantly I have a supportive SO that is willing to help with everything, as soon s she finishes watching Tiger King.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have a supportive SO that is willing to help with everything, as soon s she finishes watching Tiger King.
DifferentAggressiveGlowworm-small.gif

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think in the near term a lot of people will be slowly storing up supplies to tuck away in the cool, dark spaces of their homes. My LW is NOT a fan of guns but she tolerates my ownership of them because she is smart enough to know that her lack of fondness for inanimate objects should not over rule common sense. Anyway, I pulled out and cleaned everything I owned a couple of weeks ago after seeing several strange cars slow rolling the hood. She asked me what I was doing, I told her and her reply was, "When you done there can you help me do (random task). No histrionics, or outrage, just simple acceptance of fact.

So now I have my list of "must haves" and I am formulating the storage situation. Fortunately I have a couple of places to choose from and importantly I have a supportive SO that is willing to help with everything, as soon s she finishes watching Tiger King.
Mormons are the best at survival and long term storage supplies..

The church, and church members across the US have stores that sell all types of long term storage foods, essentials, and just storage containers.

From 55 gallon drums of Water, Raw wheat, and Grain Grinders, to prepared meals for 2 people or more.

They are asked to have a 1 year supply of food and essentials for every member of their household, and of course, the church itself has MASSIVE food supplies in different parts of the world. Understand they have the largest cattle ranch in the US if not the world. More than once FEMA and the US gov't have reached out to the church for their help and access to their stockpiles.

UglyBear

I My LW is NOT a fan of guns but she tolerates my ownership of them because she is smart enough to know that her lack of fondness for inanimate objects should not over rule common sense.
My LW was exactly the same before! Tolerated, but would not touch.
Two weeks ago, she asked to practice with out easy-access home-defense thunder stick, just in case -- how to put in the mag, how to release the bolt, where the safety is.
Now I really need to take her to a range, so she's not surprised by the kick, and gets some familiarity with where the bullets land.

In these times of potential trouble, I start seeing glimpses of those tough-as-nails pioneer women ancestors of hers, who trudged across the continent in wooden wagons and handled everything that nature threw at them.

UglyBear

This is one of the questions I pondered for a while:
Mormons are great at preparedness and survival, and everyone knows that they have at least a year's worth of food at home.
Mormons are usually very conservative, respect and practice 2A, and have a history of persecution and having to take up arms.

Q: Is there a church-mandated arsenal that they have to keep at home? and do they hold group training exercises, just in case SHTF, and they have to protect their food supplies and their community?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This is one of the questions I pondered for a while:
Mormons are great at preparedness and survival, and everyone knows that they have at least a year's worth of food at home.
Mormons are usually very conservative, respect and practice 2A, and have a history of persecution and having to take up arms.

Q: Is there a church-mandated arsenal that they have to keep at home? and do they hold group training exercises, just in case SHTF, and they have to protect their food supplies and their community?
No, but there does tend to be armed members at gatherings.. though very discreet. Probably not in MD though, unless a they have a permit.

Not ordered or ordained by the church, but members that are always concerned and always remember history.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

And they’re doing unthinkable things to them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My sister has always had laying chickens. She's quite popular with her friends and neighbors these days.

Hank

my war

The church, and church members across the US have stores that sell all types of long term storage foods, essentials, and just storage containers.

From 55 gallon drums of Water, Raw wheat, and Grain Grinders, to prepared meals for 2 people or more.

They are asked to have a 1 year supply of food and essentials for every member of their household, and of course, the church itself has MASSIVE food supplies in different parts of the world. Understand they have the largest cattle ranch in the US if not the world. More than once FEMA and the US gov't have reached out to the church for their help and access to their stockpiles.

And Magic Underwear!!!!