It's pretty bad...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
FromTexas said:
I think the few remaining sane democrats need to go start a new party. Maybe call it something... like the Democratic Party. The remaining ones can label themselves appropriately, "Moveon.org Party"
:yay: I'd like to see the same thing happen with the Republican Party. Keep the party members who believe in minimal government interference in both economic and personal life in the GOP, and exile the religious right to a separate party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what's the story with Howard Dean? If the Democrats are trying to paint themselves as "moderates", why install the most vitriolic, hate-filled, Leftist nutball you can find as your party's chairman?

I thought they couldn't do any worse than Terry McAuliffe for drawing battle lines. Surprise!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Making Howard Dean chairman of the Democratic National Party was about the best thing that could happen for Rebulicans.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
So what's the story with Howard Dean? If the Democrats are trying to paint themselves as "moderates", why install the most vitriolic, hate-filled, Leftist nutball you can find as your party's chairman?

I thought they couldn't do any worse than Terry McAuliffe for drawing battle lines. Surprise!

The sad part is our field of choice for 2008 is really kind of weak... and Hillary is a strong candidate with her name and the rabid support of her backers (also, she is putting on a major makeover right now over the next 3 years). It would suck for Dean to get that much political credence from that. Of course, maybe its better than that. Maybe he will help us harpoon her and put her to rest politically. :yay:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
vraiblonde said:

In about five years there will be an announcement that Howard Dean, like Johnny Cochran before him, has a brain tumor. But they will announce that there is no danger since there is no brain for the tumor to attack!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FromTexas said:
Maybe he will help us harpoon her and put her to rest politically. :yay:
Well, I can tell you right now that she will do what she has to to make sure Howard Dean isn't out there campaigning on her "behalf", without jeopardizing her standing with the money men.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

FromTexas said:
I think the few remaining sane democrats need to go start a new party. Maybe call it something... like the Democratic Party. The remaining ones can label themselves appropriately, "Moveon.org Party"

...we may as well use the parent company's name:

Call them Soro's Inc.