It's that time of year again

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What hair products do you like that beat the frizzies? My hair is thick and there's lots of it, shoulder length and wavy. I can straighten it or go au naturale but I prefer not to have to spend a lot of time fooling with it.

What's good?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 134

lovinmaryland

My hair is thin and I have TONS of those little baby hairs/flyaways and my hair get super frizzy in the humid weather :frown:

I have been using these products together and they work pretty good:

This one is like an adult version of no more tangles & frizz control. I love it and use it daily in the summer time
Ojon Dry Recovery™ Revitalizing Moisture Mist : Shop Hair & Scalp Treatments | Sephora

I only use this one when blow drying my hair:
Ojon Damage Reverse™ Instant Restorative Hair Serum: Shop Hair & Scalp Treatments | Sephora

Roman

What hair products do you like that beat the frizzies? My hair is thick and there's lots of it, shoulder length and wavy. I can straighten it or go au naturale but I prefer not to have to spend a lot of time fooling with it.

What's good?
I have the same issues with my hair. I have tried just about everything I can think of, but the BEST I have found is Tresemme' Smooth & Silky. It's cheap, and comes in a large bottle. I have tried the more expensive stuff, but the Tresemme' works the best. My hair is also on the thin side, and this doesn't weigh it down.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have 2 tons of thick, wavy hair that is somewhat coarse and tends to be dry unless I condition the crap out of it. 2 summers ago it was shoulder length and I wore it curly all the time. I would mix together Garnier Wonder Waves mousse and Tresemme Flawless Curls cream in my hand, scrunch that into my hair, then while it was still wet I sprayed some Garnier Anti-Frizz hairspray all over. It was soft and bouncy and shiny - never crunchy or frizzy. And now I'm starting to wonder why I'm hanging onto my long hair because it is an absolute mess unless I heat style it. :ohwell:

Also, as an aside, I found that my natural wave/curls looked better when I combed my hair in the shower with the conditioner still in it, then again right after I rinsed it out. That was it. Once I was out of the shower I didn't touch it with a comb or brush if I wanted to wear it curly. I still do this to keep my hair from tangling but now it doesn't do anything for me aesthetically. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have 2 tons of thick, wavy hair that is somewhat coarse and tends to be dry unless I condition the crap out of it. 2 summers ago it was shoulder length and I wore it curly all the time. I would mix together Garnier Wonder Waves mousse and Tresemme Flawless Curls cream in my hand, scrunch that into my hair, then while it was still wet I sprayed some Garnier Anti-Frizz hairspray all over. It was soft and bouncy and shiny - never crunchy or frizzy. And now I'm starting to wonder why I'm hanging onto my long hair because it is an absolute mess unless I heat style it. :ohwell:

Also, as an aside, I found that my natural wave/curls looked better when I combed my hair in the shower with the conditioner still in it, then again right after I rinsed it out. That was it. Once I was out of the shower I didn't touch it with a comb or brush if I wanted to wear it curly. I still do this to keep my hair from tangling but now it doesn't do anything for me aesthetically. :lol:

:biggrin:

Attachments

• woolly-mammoth.jpg
    woolly-mammoth.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 100

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Thanks for the recommendations! :yay:

Roman

You're lucky to have thick & wavy hair, especially with the Curl you have. My hair is what they call Baby Fine, which makes it kind of on the thin side. My Hair is also shallow rooted,so I can't comb my hair when wet, because it comes out easily. I was told that the most damage we do to our hair, is by combing, or Brushing it when it's wet. I stopped using the Blow Dryer also, on the advice of my Stylist. I still have Frizzies, but no where near as bad as before!

lovinmaryland

I've noticed this also. If I comb in the shower my hair has more of a ringlet curl which I like. But if I brush out of the shower it is more a of a loose wave.

How do you dry it? that is the hard thing for me I cant let it sit wet I have to have it in a towel for 20 minutes or so.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've noticed this also. If I comb in the shower my hair has more of a ringlet curl which I like. But if I brush out of the shower it is more a of a loose wave.

How do you dry it? that is the hard thing for me I cant let it sit wet I have to have it in a towel for 20 minutes or so.
When I wore it curly I just let it air dry. When I got out of the shower I'd use my towel to scrunch up the curls and sop up all the dripping water. Then I'd just leave it. It took forever to dry but I found that the drying time was cut down a lot if I used a good conditioner. Dry hair (as in needing moisture) wants to hold onto the water so it takes forever to dry.