It's too good to be true!!!

seekeroftruth

John 5:31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.
33 “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34 Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35 John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.
36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
41 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”
You know what.... I think all these big-headed humans who know all the scripture word for word have a good reason for not getting it!

Oh, they believe God said He would send His Son. They just don't believe it could be in their lifetime.

Oh, they read how Jesus says, "He is the light" but they put on their sunglasses and walk right past Him, complaining about how their sunglasses "have a bright glare today".

They had been waiting for hundreds of years for Jesus to come. It's just too incredulous that God would do this magnificent act in their lifetime!

If the sky was to split open and Jesus were to jump threw on His magnificent steed, holding a two edged sword, all those big-headed humans would blame it on the government and demand He be shot down with a missle! How could they possibly believe it to be Jesus, starting His reign as King?

Those Pharisees didn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah because humans had been waiting for centuries for the Messiah. They believed the Messiah would come, just not in their lifetime.

They believe the scripture to be true about Moses and Abraham, but the Messiah, well that's just too magnificent to happen in their lifetime, and they had to make sure every 'I' was dotted, and every 'T' was crossed the way the scripture prescribed. They were going to enforce the law until the Messiah came, no matter what!

I told you about how my friends and I use to sit up in the apple trees and talk about God. I told you my friends thought miracles were only in the past. I told you my friends believed the Bible to be a story about the past, with no knowledge of the future it lays out. My friends would say "it's too good to be true". We were just young children, and already the story seemed too magnificent to be possible. It was true, but too magnificent, so it must have already happened.

:coffee: