I've changed my opinion of Travis Kelce

SamSpade

My older sister can't stand her, but for something I didn't notice - she "sings" a lot of her songs the way Johnny Cash did - not - ACTUALLY - singing. Sing-talking. Not exactly the mark of a singing star.

When she DOES sing, she demonstrates all of the skill and vocal range of that kid in middle school that got the lead in the play - not great, but better than her peers. In today's pop culture, that will get you maybe a hit or two. That's what bewilders me about her stardom - I can listen to her for about as long as I can tolerate a song by Bob Dylan or Yoko Ono - maybe one, but two is stretching it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Maybe that's the appeal, even young girls who can't sing can "sing" along with Swift.

GregV814

My older sister can't stand her, but for something I didn't notice - she "sings" a lot of her songs the way Johnny Cash did - not - ACTUALLY - singing. Sing-talking. Not exactly the mark of a singing star.

When she DOES sing, she demonstrates all of the skill and vocal range of that kid in middle school that got the lead in the play - not great, but better than her peers. In today's pop culture, that will get you maybe a hit or two. That's what bewilders me about her stardom - I can listen to her for about as long as I can tolerate a song by Bob Dylan or Yoko Ono - maybe one, but two is stretching it.
Alrite SAM, thats enough!!!!!!!!!!! How can you possibly ridicule ROBERT ZIMMERMAN's poetic freedom????? Are you crazy????

Listen and try to keep up!!!!

"Onzeaponatymeyewlooksofinedinnnnnnnnnt yewwwwwwwww"

While some may have been stuck in the mire of Bobby V, Bobby Sherman, Connie Francis, Bob was innovative and stuff like that.... He broke away from traditional "folk style music" and breached the picket fence of Porter Wagonner...and junk... Yoka was just a freak.

SamSpade

Alrite SAM, thats enough!!!!!!!!!!! How can you possibly ridicule ROBERT ZIMMERMAN's poetic freedom????? Are you crazy????

Listen and try to keep up!!!!

"Onzeaponatymeyewlooksofinedinnnnnnnnnt yewwwwwwwww"

While some may have been stuck in the mire of Bobby V, Bobby Sherman, Connie Francis, Bob was innovative and stuff like that.... He broke away from traditional "folk style music" and breached the picket fence of Porter Wagonner...and junk... Yoka was just a freak.
I liked his - WORDS. I just couldn't stand his VOICE.

Now Neil Young is different - I can't stand EITHER.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's what bewilders me about her stardom

Stardom isn't about talent, it's about having a good agent and PR team, and *wanting* to be a star. Look at Britney Spears. She has literally zero talent, and yet she became a superstar. Beyonce, same. Then there are people like my friend Jen who is ridiculously talented and highly entertaining, but few have ever heard of her.

SamSpade

Stardom isn't about talent, it's about having a good agent and PR team, and *wanting* to be a star. Look at Britney Spears. She has literally zero talent, and yet she became a superstar. Beyonce, same. Then there are people like my friend Jen who is ridiculously talented and highly entertaining, but few have ever heard of her.
There's also looks and sex appeal. And you can have the greatest voice in the world, but if your songs are dull, no one will buy them.

But I get you on the hype. God only knows why Billie Eilish or Lizzo draw any fans.

SamSpade

So now you’re denying the sex appeal of Lizzo? The woman has tons of it.
Probably just half a ton.

That's like the bit on that other thread where women were rating themselves as a "10" oh she's a 10, they're maybe an 8 and so on - all very blissfully unwaware of how the numbers actually - WORK. As in, to be a 10, you have to be in that rare category of utter perfection - and not just in your mind. And perhaps, the concept of the Bell Curve and that 4-6 is not awful, just average. By very definition, most people are average.

And they were asked "so what about Lizzo?" "Oh she's a ten, definitely"

"Really? You remind me of her". "OMG - how DARE you! That's so rude!"
(After they just declared her as utterly, flawlessly beautiful).

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I find it interesting how quickly Taylor kicked Brittany Mahomes out of her "squad" because she liked a post about Trump. No longer associates with her. Sent to her another VIP suite. Seems like Brittany was the one who showed Taylor the ropes of being a WAG and now that she dared to have a different opinion than Taylor, she has been exiled.

Not too worried about Brittany. She has known Patrick since high school, long before he was famous. Married with 2 kids and one on the way. Meanwhile Taylor's relationship can implode at any moment if Travis doesn't tow the line in her eyes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I find it interesting how quickly Taylor kicked Brittany Mahomes out of her "squad" because she liked a post about Trump. No longer associates with her. Sent to her another VIP suite. Seems like Brittany was the one who showed Taylor the ropes of being a WAG and now that she dared to have a different opinion than Taylor, she has been exiled.

Mean girls and their lunch tables.... :lmao:

"Taylor did her research and determined that Brittany is NOKD." :roflmao: