J&J gun shop, wall smashed in, handguns taken

black dog

Free America
I floated this idea on here a couple of years ago and it did not go over well.

Because its silly and all firearms get damaged with the moving in and out of the show cases and the safe. You can always tell the stores that do that with the endless scratches on the finishes of the metal plastic and wood. And its not required to secure them in that manner.
A decent sized store could easily have hundreds of firearms to remove and install twice a day, the cost to do that and the damage to inventory make it a never ending loss.

black dog

Free America
how about a walk in safe and display cases on wheels

What a huge increase in needed rent-able space that sits empty except when the shop is closes....
How about the States Attorneys Office stops Null Processing Charges and get the Fed involved and charge the with Federal crimes.
Let the doing time be the true deterrent, the burden should not be on the good citizen/business owner.

gunsmoke

Odd...why would anyone want to "steal" a gun?

I thought, based on the commentary here, that only law abiding, highly trained, continually trained, citizens and non-political members of the NRA owned or had any access to guns---of any kind?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

I thought, based on the commentary here, that only law abiding, highly trained, continually trained, citizens and non-political members of the NRA owned or had any access to guns---of any kind?
That’s the most stupid post you’ve made so far.......congratulations!!!:dingding:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's name and comment are a serious oxymoron.

WingsOfGold

Because #1 Jimmys aren't allowed to buy a gun?

PeoplesElbow

Lack of access sounds like a reason to have to steal doesn't it?

glhs837

Power with Control
Because its silly and all firearms get damaged with the moving in and out of the show cases and the safe. You can always tell the stores that do that with the endless scratches on the finishes of the metal plastic and wood. And its not required to secure them in that manner.
A decent sized store could easily have hundreds of firearms to remove and install twice a day, the cost to do that and the damage to inventory make it a never ending loss.
What a huge increase in needed rent-able space that sits empty except when the shop is closes....
How about the States Attorneys Office stops Null Processing Charges and get the Fed involved and charge the with Federal crimes.
Let the doing time be the true deterrent, the burden should not be on the good citizen/business owner.

I understand both of those points. Which is why I thought about just making the display cases "harder". No extra square footage required, no extra wear on the weapons. And while it's not required, Sure would be a nice step towards reducing amount of stolen handguns out there. Wonder what the response time was for this one, I think they said after the last biennial Tackle Box robbery it was 10 minutes. You work metal, could you make those cases hard enough that they cant get many open in 10 minutes? Note, that's not to resist you and what you can do, just the average chucklehead with a crowbar. I'll bet you could.

Don't get me wrong, I think that actually punishing criminals for gun offenses would be great. I'm think five years minimum for having one illegally. 20 for commiting a crime with one, death if someone dies in the commission of a crime with one.