Jan 17

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
UGGHHH...why always so early on a Friday night? Where is Boomerangs? I don't get home until 6 this Friday so we're out as slot puppy said, though 5 wouldn't have worked even if it was my telework day.

You can arrive anytime! We usually always say about 5 - and people typically filter in between 5p & 6p depending on where they live, work or other obligations, etc. :yay:

Im_Me

I'm hanging my head in shame. :doh:

No worries. I purposefully invited a big crowd knowing that a lot would be traveling. It ended up being a wild and fun mix of neighbors and friends from all over. We'll do it again soon.:buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I said they didnt have to change....

but... seeing that i dont get home till after 4 and wont get to head over there till close to 5... at the same time base traffic is at its worst.

:drama: I dont get to sit home all day and sip coffee :killingme

Base traffic is not bad on Fridays. 3/4 of the people take Friday off.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If you're looking for ribs, Adams ribs towards Prince Fred is good. :yum:

My Husband and I ate there once several years ago and agreed we would never go back. We both thought the food was awful - we got ribs and chicken and shared. The chicken was undercooked (think salmonella pink) and the ribs mediocre. The waitress was a total bubblehead and we were mostly ignored even though the place was empty.

I would never go there to eat again.

The_Handler

You can arrive anytime! We usually always say about 5 - and people typically filter in between 5p & 6p depending on where they live, work or other obligations, etc. :yay:

That's okay. By 7pm....everyone will have either left, or be leaving. I think 5 is way too early for a Friday night.....but I guess we're the only ones that drive a long distance. Telework Fridays will be difficult from now on too so maybe we'll make one once in a while.

frequentflier

happy to be living

The earlier we get there, the easier it is to snag some seats. At the last M&G at the Duck, Zara & I got there at 5 and snagged a table in the bar area. By 5:30, the place was getting pretty full. At 6, we never would have found a table big enough to hold all of us in the bar or restaurant.

Bann

PREMO Member
That's okay. By 7pm....everyone will have either left, or be leaving. I think 5 is way too early for a Friday night.....but I guess we're the only ones that drive a long distance. Telework Fridays will be difficult from now on too so maybe we'll make one once in a while.

Nope, we've been meeting at 5-ish since the beginning of the Meet & Greets and the majority of the people come between 5 and 6. It was always intended to be an earlier Happy Hour/Dinner thing. Usually by 8 things are breaking up.

Bann

PREMO Member
The earlier we get there, the easier it is to snag some seats. At the last M&G at the Duck, Zara & I got there at 5 and snagged a table in the bar area. By 5:30, the place was getting pretty full. At 6, we never would have found a table big enough to hold all of us in the bar or restaurant.

This ^^

Some can't get there until later but there are always a few of us early birds who are ready for happy hour ASAP!!!! and can hold down a table.

:yeahthat:

The_Handler

Nope, we've been meeting at 5-ish since the beginning of the Meet & Greets and the majority of the people come between 5 and 6. It was always intended to be an earlier Happy Hour/Dinner thing. Usually by 8 things are breaking up.

I only said I think 5pm is too early for a meet n greet which was MY opinion. I did not suggest or imply that you all haven't been meeting at that time since whenever these things started. Since most people start leaving at 7pm, there is no since in us driving an hour and then everyone is leaving. So....have fun without us.

The_Handler

My Husband and I ate there once several years ago and agreed we would never go back. We both thought the food was awful - we got ribs and chicken and shared. The chicken was undercooked (think salmonella pink) and the ribs mediocre. The waitress was a total bubblehead and we were mostly ignored even though the place was empty.

I would never go there to eat again.

I ate at Adam's Ribs once....it was pretty good. I can't stand Ruddy Duck. The onion rings are okay, but the noise, service and food SUCK!!!!!

Bann

PREMO Member
I ate at Adam's Ribs once....it was pretty good. I can't stand Ruddy Duck. The onion rings are okay, but the noise, service and food SUCK!!!!!

Rut Roh! :lol:

RD is where Foxhound and I met, so it's always our favorite place. :biggrin:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

Works well for me too, I have an 8:00 commitment.

So this time, are we planning to tell someone there's a group there with a name/topic? So I can ask the greeter and actually find you? I apologize for my inexperience and ineptitude.

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member

So this time, are we planning to tell someone there's a group there with a name/topic? So I can ask the greeter and actually find you? I apologize for my inexperience and ineptitude.

We usually do say we're expecting a group of "X" amount of people (we judge from the number who post here that they are interested) and tell the hostess to direct people if they ask for us. We don't have a formal name per se. Typically, posters just find us! :lol:

frequentflier

happy to be living

We only met once but you should recognize me/ I will watch out for you!

frequentflier

happy to be living
We usually do say we're expecting a group of "X" amount of people (we judge from the number who post here that they are interested) and tell the hostess to direct people if they ask for us. We don't have a formal name per se. Typically, posters just find us! :lol:

We are the group that usually have lots of plates of appetizers, food, pitchers of water and iced tea, a few misc beers or adult beverages and we laugh and have fun. Our waitress usually earns her tip!

Most of us are in our 40's and 50's but occasionally someone younger joins us (LOL) There are usually no children.

Shouldn't be hard to spot :yay:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

But any time later than 6 and you have missed appetizers and dinner, its not worth coming then unless you are just going to have drinks.

Bann

PREMO Member
But any time later than 6 and you have missed appetizers and dinner, its not worth coming then unless you are just going to have drinks.

Not really. Not all the time. Everyone orders at different times and comes & goes at various times,as well. No one is trying to exclude anyone at all but it is tough to work with a variety of schedules.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I think we should come to your house every Friday night and eat RR chicken with pigs in a blanket.

:thewave: