JC Penney-Wildewood

I only speak for myself and I know I stopped shopping there when all the changes took place and it would seem like a lot of other folks did too.

That's your prerogative, and rightly so. Some people do the same with regard to businesses that oppose (government sanctioning of) same-sex marriage.

Do you do this with all businesses or with other businesses that support same-sex marriage? (I'm not suggesting that you necessarily should, just asking, there are surely reasons to act on those beliefs with regard to some businesses but not with regard to others.)

It's not exactly the same thing, but all of the following companies and hundreds more recently signed a brief asking the Supreme Court to overturn Section 3 of DOMA.

Adobe Systems Inc.
Aetna Inc.
Amazon.com, Inc.
Apple Inc.
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon)
Broadcom Corporation
Caesars Entertainment Corporation
CBS Corporation
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Citigroup Inc.
eBay Inc.
Facebook, Inc.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Google Inc.
JetBlue Airways Corporation
Johnson & Johnson
Levi Strauss & Co.
Liberty Mutual Group Inc.
Mars, Incorporated
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Microsoft Corporation
Moody’s Corporation
Morgan Stanley
New York Life Insurance Company
NIKE, Inc.
Oracle America, Inc.
Pfizer Inc.
Qualcomm Incorporated
Starbucks Corporation
State Street Corporation
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. Support.com
Thomson Reuters
Twitter, Inc.
Viacom Inc.
Walt Disney Company
Xerox Corporation
Zynga Inc.

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Um, that's a bunch of crap because plenty of businesses openly support gay marriage and are doing great: Amazon, Budweiser, Microsoft, Target, Nike, Apple, Google, Starbucks....

I stopped shopping Starbucks because they don't support our troops. F them.

I don't drink Budweiser.

I'm stuck with Microsoft whether I want it or not.

I don't buy Nikes because I think they are a :bs: overly priced brand to begin with.

I don't buy Apple products.

I hate Amazon. I have had way too many issues with them, including a credit card number getting stolen when they were hacked.

So that leaves me with Google and Target and now I feel like I don't want to shop them either.

IMHO, unless a company is publically religious such as Hobby Lobby or Chik-Fil-A, then that company is there to provide me a product I either want or don't. Not to come out with political or religious statements. When actors, singers (U2) and companies come out with a statement that they does not pertain to the "acting" "singing" ie products I want, I don't feel they have a product worthwhile to offer me and I will take my business elsewhere if possible.

sockgirl77

They are involved in a lawsuit. The new CEO was counting on a deal to sell Martha Stewart product and then Macy's sued. It sounded like they were pinning recovery on that deal. Last time I was in there, I was the only customer in the store.

Why would they count on a deal selling a line that is also sold at Kmart? You'd think that they would want a higher quality line. I've never been a huge JCP fan so I'll be perfectly fine if they leave the area and are replaced by another store.

Why would they count on a deal selling a line that is also sold at Kmart? You'd think that they would want a higher quality line. I've never been a huge JCP fan so I'll be perfectly fine if they leave the area and are replaced by another store.

Martha Stewart and Kmart parted ways a few years ago, the deal between them was allowed to expire. Ms. Stewart expressed sentiments to the effect that Kmart had allowed the quality of the product to decline and harmed the brand.

sockgirl77

Martha Stewart and Kmart parted ways a few years ago, the deal between them was allowed to expire. Ms. Stewart expressed sentiments to the effect that Kmart had allowed the quality of the product to decline and harmed the brand.

What did she expect? :lmao:

MarieB

When is the last time you were in Macy's?

There hasn't been Martha product in Kmart for years, but when it first came out you could find some nice things.

I think it would have worked for Penney's if the quality was up to par. They actually do have nice bedding, etc

sockgirl77

When is the last time you were in Macy's?

There hasn't been Martha product in Kmart for years, but when it first came out you could find some nice things.

I think it would have worked for Penney's if the quality was up to par. They actually do have nice bedding, etc

A few years back. I walked in and saw how amazingly ghetto it had become and walked out.

What did she expect? :lmao:

Sure. :lol:

Had it seemed that they'd be able to agree on terms for extending their deal, she probably wouldn't have disparaged Kmart like she did. That deal worked for her company for a while, it generated a lot of revenue.

I suppose the main point is that Kmart doesn't sell Martha Stewart branded products anymore (at least, I don't think it does).

MarieB

I wish this Penney's had a Sephora

It sounds like the plan was to do more expansion in that regard

MarieB

A few years back. I walked in and saw how amazingly ghetto it had become and walked out.

They cater to the local clientele, at times unfortunately so. I still like Macy's in general, but I prefer a store other than Waldorf

They have a line of Martha products. It's good stuff

sockgirl77

They cater to the local clientele, at times unfortunately so. I still like Macy's in general, but I prefer a store other than Waldorf

They have a line of Martha products. It's good stuff

When I want towels, I go to Target and buy Fieldcrest luxury towels. Then again, I generally do not spend a lot of money on anything. I'm poor.

MarieB

When I want towels, I go to Target and buy Fieldcrest luxury towels. Then again, I generally do not spend a lot of money on anything. I'm poor.

I get mine at Costco

She has kitchenware in Macy's. I don't own any of it, but the quality is pretty good. I'm pretty sure the line does very well there.

sockgirl77

I get mine at Costco

She has kitchenware in Macy's. I don't own any of it, but the quality is pretty good. I'm pretty sure the line does very well there.

Aside from wedding present that I've had since 1888, I've bought every piece of my kitcheware from Target, Walfart, BJ's, and various dollar stores. Surprisingly, I rarely have to replace anything. :lmao:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I used to love JCP -- their clothes, housewares, linens, etc. were nice and very reasonable. Bought cookware and furniture there also. Then they got all fancy trying to be upscale to compete w/Macy's, etc. and jacked their prices way up as well. I think they started losing a lot of customers then, myself included.

MMM_donuts

I stopped shopping Starbucks because they don't support our troops. F them.

I don't drink Budweiser.

I'm stuck with Microsoft whether I want it or not.

I don't buy Nikes because I think they are a :bs: overly priced brand to begin with.

I don't buy Apple products.

I hate Amazon. I have had way too many issues with them, including a credit card number getting stolen when they were hacked.

So that leaves me with Google and Target and now I feel like I don't want to shop them either.

IMHO, unless a company is publically religious such as Hobby Lobby or Chik-Fil-A, then that company is there to provide me a product I either want or don't. Not to come out with political or religious statements. When actors, singers (U2) and companies come out with a statement that they does not pertain to the "acting" "singing" ie products I want, I don't feel they have a product worthwhile to offer me and I will take my business elsewhere if possible.

When did Starbucks stop supporting the troops?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
When did Starbucks stop supporting the troops?

Ah there was a big thing about it a few months back. And I've forgotten all the details but it was enough for me to justify not spending my hard earned $5 there. :lol:

Again - any political statement turns me off a business. :shrug: That's just me.