Jewitt's thoughts on "Democrat's Vision for Families"

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
rraley said:
No it isn't...hardcore, Republicans such as yourself are the only ones that say this. Steny Hoyer is out getting the endorsement of the VFW, Brad Jewitt is waving signs on the side of the road.
:ding:
Hoyer did nothing to get the endorsement of the VFW. The Maryland VFW-PAC does not poll their members; they automatically give their endorsement to the incumbent.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
rraley said:
My God, you really don't get congressional politics or the seniority system?
Another miscarriage of the Constitution. I don't see any seniority system constituted anywhere in the Constitution. Do You?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Steve said:
I'd have to disagree. I watched my ops flight dwindle from a peak of 25 intelligence analysts in late 1993 to only 9 in late 1997. That's a decrease of nearly 66%. The same decreases applied to intelligence collectors. Do you suppose that the military activities we monitored decreased by 66% along with those cuts??

I'm not saying it was Clinton's fault directly, but Congress proposed the budget and Clinton signed it.
You missed that one Steve. The President proposes the budget. It is the Congress that must pass it or modify it,

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
:ding:
Hoyer did nothing to get the endorsement of the VFW. The Maryland VFW-PAC does not poll their members; they automatically give their endorsement to the incumbent.

Damn right they do. :patriot:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
Another miscarriage of the Constitution. I don't see any seniority system constituted anywhere in the Constitution. Do You?
2ndA,

While it is true that the Constitution does not specifically lay out a seniority plan for the House or the Senate it does authorize them to select the officers of the respective bodies in a manner as they see fit. House – Article 1, Section 2 – “The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers”. Senate – Article 1, Section 3 – “The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.”

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
2ndA,

While it is true that the Constitution does not specifically lay out a seniority plan for the House or the Senate it does authorize them to select the officers of the respective bodies in a manner as they see fit. House – Article 1, Section 2 – “The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers”. Senate – Article 1, Section 3 – “The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.”
True, but beyond the officers, there is no seniority system as they commonly practice now.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
True, but beyond the officers, there is no seniority system as they commonly practice now.
It has become common that the floor leaders and whips are elected by each of these bodies via committee or caucus. They have defined duties and have become de facto officers. Leaving the Congress to design their own rules is what has allowed for this transformation.