JFK murder

SamSpade

The aliens put us here as an experiment and every once and a while they come back to check on us.
As often as we hear about UFOs or whatever they call them now, the vast distances of space lead me to believe only a few possiblilities, other than it's all BS.

1. They've always been here.
  2. They're from another time.
  3. They're from another universe/dimension/etc.

They got here OTHER than traversing incredible distances in space, even assuming faster than light is ever possible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They got here OTHER than traversing incredible distances in space, even assuming faster than light is ever possible.

I'm reading a really good book called At Home by Bill Bryson. It's a history of our homes and the stuff in them (more or less, he goes off on tangents a good bit), and it's fascinating to see how we had invented this but didn't think to apply it to that until hundreds of years later.

There was a time when people were astounded by the telephone and electric lights. More recently they were astounded by the internet. Faster than light is possible, we just don't know how to do it yet.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
More like, FTL may be possible one day. But right now everything says it isn’t possible.
There may be a limit to the speed of light, but nothing says there's a limit to the speed of space.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think we should take a page from Frank Herbert. Come up the correct narcotic cocktail and feed it to addicts until they genetically mutate and can fold space.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think we should take a page from Frank Herbert. Come up the correct narcotic cocktail and feed it to addicts until they genetically mutate and can fold space.
We're kind of limited by the local source material.

I'm sure some of them can't even fold laundry.

Kinnakeet

As often as we hear about UFOs or whatever they call them now, the vast distances of space lead me to believe only a few possiblilities, other than it's all BS.

1. They've always been here.
  2. They're from another time.
  3. They're from another universe/dimension/etc.
They have technology the we cannot even dream of