Jim Zorn relieved of play calling duties...

T

toppick08

I hear Shanahan (sp) turned down the job.........for this year.:whistle:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I hear Shanahan (sp) turned down the job.........for this year.:whistle:
I would too. Who would want to walk into that?

Plus, as a player would you really 'get up' for the new guy in town?

They just ran the guy you've been accustomed with for two years out of town. I'd be pissed. There's a reason for interim coaches, sadly.

T

toppick08

I would too. Who would want to walk into that?

Plus, as a player would you really 'get up' for the new guy in town?

They just ran the guy you've been accustomed with for two years out of town. I'd be pissed. There's a reason for interim coaches, sadly.

True that.........will be interesting if he does come here next year........I don't see him and Danny getting along very well........:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Shanahan could be an interesting coach option for the Skins. His zone blocking schemes were great in Denver, at least in the running game. I don't recall him having any top notch talent there, so maybe he could take a crappy OL and turn them into a serviceable unit without much talent upgrade. If the OL can turn the corner then it's possible the rest of the team could go with them. Or the rest of the offense will be exposed as frauds...but in the meantime, we'll never know as long as the OL sucks.

To be honest, I don't see Shanahan going to the Skins. But we'll see. The way they're looking, they will probably need to give a coordinator somewhere a promotion. Not many guys with a reputation will jump into that mess.