Joe Biden: Make Sure Kids Have their Record Players on at Night

I gave away all my vinyl a few years ago. I hope Hank is taking good care of them....

Well, not all of it. I had to clean out ny dad's house and have boxes and boxes of vintage 78s.

Reactions: BOP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My extensive collection of 78s went up in the fire along with my gorgeous tiger-oak cabinet Victor Talking Machine that played them. ;-(
I'm pretty sure I have some of those, too. They belonged to my Grandparents. I don't have the player though.

SamSpade

I have a few mics, but they are for my recording studio. And that isn't a tape studio. It's computer-based. So, I'm new techies with my music. :biggrin:

??

Plus, it's standard DJ equipment hence the tagline - but I thought everyone caught that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
??

Plus, it's standard DJ equipment hence the tagline - but I thought everyone caught that.

There are a lot of people that love to stay with the old audio equipment (reel-to-reel tapes and record players), because it gives a more pure audio sound. With some of the sampling technology today, I just can't tell the difference anymore.

glhs837

Power with Control
There are a lot of people that love to stay with the old audio equipment (reel-to-reel tapes and record players), because it gives a more pure audio sound. With some of the sampling technology today, I just can't tell the difference anymore.

Like photography, the digital equipment has been capable of a more "pure" experience for a couple of decades now. But most folks are not willing to shell out for that level of equipment, hence the rep.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Well, not all of it. I had to clean out ny dad's house and have boxes and boxes of vintage 78s.
If you don't plan on keeping them, maybe "bundle" them when you sell your Trabant?

👍

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

You are correct: Biden's run for President is embarrassing.

Meanwhile, my President, who I just love, Donald J. Trump, doesn't even have to run to be re-elected!

Life is good, my friends!

:patriot:

Attachments

• Trump Owens 2024.jpg
    Trump Owens 2024.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 74

littlelady

God bless the USA
I used to have a lot of records, but with a flood in the basement, and a move, all I have left is a collection of Mozart. I do have a family heirloom Regina that plays tin disks. The grandtots love it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BOP

BOP

Doesn't matter - easily half of the nation has never seen one. Heck, I get called sometimes for using the term "Walkman" when referring to an iPod or similar device - or God help me, mention they played cassette tapes.
They now have an MP3 player that looks exactly like an old Sony Walkman - until you touch the screen.