John Bolton's book

Chris0nllyn

All kinds of stuff no one will agree on in the book apparently.

Trump has tried to stop the release of the book. IMO, if this stuff was so ground breaking and horrible for the country, why wait until now and avoid testifying during impeachment? To sell books and make money.

• In May 2018, Bolton writes that Turkish President Erdogan handed Trump a memo claiming that the state-owned bank Halkbank, which was under investigation by the Justice Department, was innocent. "Trump then told Erdogan he would take care of things, explaining that the Southern District prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people," Bolton writes.
  • Bolton writes that he scheduled a meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr in 2019 to discuss Trump's alleged enthusiasm for doing favors for autocrats, and that Barr agreed that he was worried about the appearances created by Trump's behavior.
  • In the advanced copy of the book obtained by the Times, Bolton claims that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slipped Bolton a note during Trump’s 2018 meeting with North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un that commented on Trump, saying: “He is so full of crap.” Pompeo reportedly dismissed Trump's North Korea diplomacy as having "zero probability of success.”
  • In an essay adapted from his book published in the Wall Street Journal, Bolton writes: “One highlight came when Xi said he wanted to work with Trump for six more years, and Trump replied that people were saying that the two-term constitutional limit on presidents should be repealed for him. Xi said the U.S. had too many elections, because he didn’t want to switch away from Trump, who nodded approvingly."
  • "At the opening dinner of the Osaka G-20 meeting in June 2019, with only interpreters present, Xi had explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang," Bolton wrote. "According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do. The National Security Council’s top Asia staffer, Matthew Pottinger, told me that Trump said something very similar during his November 2017 trip to China."
  • "These and innumerable other similar conversations with Trump formed a pattern of fundamentally unacceptable behavior that eroded the very legitimacy of the presidency," Bolton continues. "Had Democratic impeachment advocates not been so obsessed with their Ukraine blitzkrieg in 2019, had they taken the time to inquire more systematically about Trump’s behavior across his entire foreign policy, the impeachment outcome might well have been different."
The bottom line: “I am hard pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by reelection calculations,” Bolton writes, according to the Post.
https://www.axios.com/bolton-book-trump-xi-7501cd4d-9d8a-4b01-86e9-6984590de565.html

Bolton alleges Trump privately told him reporters deserve prison. "These people should be executed. They are scumbags."
https://www.axios.com/john-bolton-book-impeachment-5b759bb2-9e91-4c3d-a4d7-ffe33cc2ff46.html

This is a claim that Mattis' speechwriter confirmed.

Hijinx

I agree with the President on his accusation of reporters.
They are in league with the Democrats to support a coup, and that is sedition and it should be an executable offense.

Chris0nllyn

I agree with the President on his accusation of reporters.
They are in league with the Democrats to support a coup, and that is sedition and it should be an executable offense.

Well if history shows us anything, it shows that suppressing the press has always turned out to be a good thing, right?

We've definitely looked back at historical figures who have executed journalists and said "this guy gets it".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
would the punishment be to harsh to put Acosta against the wall for continually playing stupid gotcha games to grand stand, not doing his JOB as a journalist

Hijinx

Well if history shows us anything, it shows that suppressing the press has always turned out to be a good thing, right?

We've definitely looked back at historical figures who have executed journalists and said "this guy gets it".

Your sarcasm is wasted on me. It is a strange phenomenon when the Press works with on Democrat party to destroy a President the pople elected.
No one wants to suppress the press we just want unbiased truth and not what we are getting.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Your sarcasm is wasted on me. It is a strange phenomenon when the Press works with on Democrat party to destroy a President the pople elected.
No one wants to suppress the press we just want unbiased truth and not what we are getting.

Not strange at all.

Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 all got the treatment. It's only increased in intensity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

How does the President expressing his opinion suppress the press?

FACT: the US news media engages in extreme bias, lies, and manipulation. Constitutionally, lies are not protected free speech. In fact it's called libel and is a crime.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Bolton chief of staff says ex-boss 'couldn't figure out how to' work with Trump

Fleitz told MacCallum that decision by Trump "disproves" the premise of Bolton's forthcoming memoir of his time in the administration.

"When we hear that the president doesn't have principles [and] he's not qualified to lead, this incident that Bolton puts forward as the turning point for his relationship with President Trump," Fleitz added. "In my mind, it disproves the whole book."

The 592-page book, "The Room Where it Happened," is due to be released next week. According to portions of the book seen by Fox News and other outlets, Bolton claims that Trump regularly gives "personal favors to dictators he liked," supported the building of additional concentration camps in China, and asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help him in the 2020 election by buying more U.S. agricultural goods.

Fleitz compared Bolton unfavorably to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who Fleitz said had figured out how to work with an "unconventional president."

"The job of these senior advisers is to work with the president, not to fight with them and implement his policies," Fleitz said. "And I'm very sorry that John Bolton couldn't figure out how to do that."

22AcaciaAve

Has Bolton ever figured out how to work with anyone? When Trump picked him I said it was a terrible choice. Bolton is, and always has been, a total freaking idiot.

limblips

PREMO Member
I hope nobody is the least bit surprised by bolton's literary tantrum. Anyone that is fired for poor job performance and critical of their boss seldom writes love notes to his former boss. The only thing this book does is expose bolton for his false egotistical belief that he is the only one capable of running the country and that the big old orange ogre was mean to him.

Keep an eye on the Amazon bargain bin in a few months. $1.00 plus free shipping...….

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The job of these senior advisers is to work with the president, not to fight with them and implement his policies," Fleitz said.

This was the PROBLEM With Vindman and the rest of the pussy's ........

Tantrums because ' Trump is not fit to lead ' adn won't take my advice

You Either DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, or GTFO ...
You are not there to argue or inhibit the Presidents Policy Choices

PsyOps

Pixelated
The Bolton book - which I refuse to read because it comes across as a cowardly propaganda hit piece - is the cowardly way out of testifying. If Bolton felt Trump is unfit, he should have stood up like a man and testified in Trump's impeachment. Like so many others, Bolton has turned out to be nothing more than an anti-Trump hack aimed only at making millions on a bunch of propaganda.

I look forward to hearing from all of the names Bolton outed his book to either substantiate his claims or refute them as lies. I'm betting on the latter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Bolton book - which I refuse to read because it comes across as a cowardly propaganda hit piece - is the cowardly way out of testifying.

See, and how I see it is that Bolton doesn't have to be under oath to write a book. They keep going, "Well why didn't he testify during the impeachment hearings?" And the reason is because he wouldn't tell these stories under penalty of perjury.