Johnny Cochrane dead

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
These are the things that people will say when I die. Really.
You'd want us to dance at your funeral. Free flowing alcohol and lots of fat cigars. Send you off in style.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
You'd want us to dance at your funeral. Free flowing alcohol and lots of fat cigars. Send you off in style.

That's right. I'm already setting money aside for it. :yay:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Mikeinsmd said:
Me too. I heard he had brain issues or something. WOW!! He wasn't that old.

He had brain surgery a year ago. It was an open and shut case! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
His commercials are still running on Fox5... :ohwell:
:shriekingwithlaughter: Cue the music!

If you're ever in a jam, here I am!
If you're ever in a mess, SOS!
If you ever land in jail, I'm your bail!

When other cases have been forgot
Ours will still be hot!
Lahdle ahdle ahdle dee dee dee

:killingme

Nupe2

To those who choose to find humor in the death of Mr. Cochran or in some way rejoice in his demise I offer the following:

I know I'll probably get slammed for this but...read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are all entitled to and should expect the best possible representation should we find ourselves in need of legal counsel. You may not agree with the verdict and you may blame Mr. Cochran for exercising his responsibilites as an Attorney but I would argue that your displeasure would be more accurately directed toward the framers of the Constitution. They are the ones who sought to ensure equal access and fairness in the judicial process.

What's next, do you want the police to simply tear down your front door because they think you might be breaking the law? I'd bet any of us would be looking for a "Johnny Cochran" who was fully versed in the 4th amendment to come to our aid.

You might also express your displeasure at the fact that the poor and the ignorant go to jail in disproportionate numbers when compared to those of us who have access to the resources needed to access the best of the legal system. No, don't blame Mr. Cochran for doing the job for which he was trained and that he proved to be damned good at. You don't have to agree with a particular verdict but you should agree that in comparison to most judicial systems, we have one that works. Save the venom for those who would deny "equal access under the law."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nupe2 said:
Yeah, that poor ignorant OJ. He would certainly have been denied due process if it weren't for Johnny Cochran.

Sorry, Nupe - I feel that your admiration of Mr. Cochran is misplaced.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"It's not my fault a man who hacked two people to death walked free. If the prosecution had been better lawyers, they'd have gotten a conviction. Not my fault."

:rolleyes:

Nupe2

vraiblonde said:
Yeah, that poor ignorant OJ. He would certainly have been denied due process if it weren't for Johnny Cochran.

Sorry, Nupe - I feel that your admiration of Mr. Cochran is misplaced.

I don't think you understood my comment about the poor and the ignorant. O.J. was neither poor nor ignorant. O.J. was rich and smart enough to hire the best. The poor and the ignorant would not have been able to afford Mr. Cochran unless he took a lower fee or provided his services pro bono, unlikely in a case of that complexity and magnitude. Please understand that I offered no comment on O.J. I'm not even sure that I was stating a specific admiration for Mr. Cochran. He was hired to do a job to best of his ability and he did that job. Whether we agree or not on the outcome is irrelevant. We are each entitled to our views and opinions. In my opinion he was not evil (o.k. he was an attorney :lmao: ). He was a human being who like most of us, did his job, lived his life and doesn't deserve to be made fun of at his demise.

Not a sermon... :blahblah: