Judge Abrahms

Pete

Repete
Some of you could always finish law school then become a judge so you can keep these bad guys in jail instead of on the streets. :shrug:

Actually the legislature make the laws regarding bond/bail, the judges have to follow it. There is some discretion allowed for the judge but it appears not much. This argument seems to center on the lack of discretion exercised by the judge.

Black-Francis

I wouldn't be on a list that you head.

What's wrong? You can't admit that you were wrong when you blamed the States Attorney? I was man enough to stand corrected on my comments about Abrams, even though she has a history of letting these monsters roam the streets.....

wuss

tom88

Please start from the beginning and read what I wrote.

Ok, I did. Here is what you wrote.

1st. Post

Animal
I eat red meat

Posts: 926 I'm not sure what the OP's problem is with the judge. The guy was arrested in December, released on $25,000 bond, case moved from District Court to Circuit Court and the bond was carried over.

2nd Post
Animal
I eat red meat

Originally Posted by Black-Francis
My problem is that this guy should not even be on the streets until his case is heard... There should be no bond involved, period.
So shouldn't you be upset with the original commissioner that set the bond and not the judge that continued it when the case was sent to the Circuit Court?
3rd Post
Animal
I eat red meat

I am upset with the whole system..... .......but Judge Abrahms could have made a statement by denying any sort of bond.....
Could have made a statement? Is that what judges do? Doesn't the prosecutor (the state) make a bond recommendation? And how is it that it is only Judge Abrams' fault, aren't there two additional judges in that office (Raley and Stamms)?
4th Post
Animal
I eat red meat

And, yes it would be nice for a judge to make a "statement" by doing the right thing and keeping these predators behind bars...., maybe other judges would follow their lead.... I am sure if it was up to us "the people" this guy would not be sitting in his living room thinking about the next person that he is going to violate.
So what did the state recommend for his bond? Did they want him bound over for trial? If he was/is the threat that you consider him to be why didn't the state press for that? It seems that maybe your ire with the system should be with the State's Attorney.

With no additional information, you jump to the conclusion that his IRE should be with the States Attorney.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Actually the legislature make the laws regarding bond/bail, the judges have to follow it. There is some discretion allowed for the judge but it appears not much. This argument seems to center on the lack of discretion exercised by the judge.
Pete's correct. Judges don't really have much discretion at all these days. Blame the lawmakers.

Uncle Charlie

Beer is Good!!!!
Black Francis,

1) You made an ASSUMPTION that was wrong. You need to research before you make such statements about people.
2) You failed to research the bail/bond laws in Maryland. Do your research.
3) I support most of our judges, not just Judge Abrams. They have EARNED it in most cases, but not all have. Some are lunatics.
4) Most judges will tell you they are hamstrung by the rules and restrictions placed on them. Bail/bond rules, sentencing guidelines, etc. THAT is the fault of the legislature AND of past judges who didn't use common sense and either under-sentenced or over-sentenced people. Somebody gets mad, has a friend in the legislature and a new law/rule comes out. Like it or not, that is how the system works and is supposed to work, checks and balances.
5) No, I did not disappear from my support. I do not sit on this site all day and make comments or respond to comments. I check once or twice a day if that, on this site, sometimes making comments, sometimes not. I do not have the time others are lucky enough to have but do like to keep my "fingers on the pulse" of what is happening.

Have a good day, I need to do some work now!

kelb

art imitating life
Black Francis,

1) You made an ASSUMPTION that was wrong. You need to research before you make such statements about people.
3) I support most of our judges, not just Judge Abrams. They have EARNED it in most cases, but not all have. Some are lunatics.
4) Most judges will tell you they are hamstrung by the rules and restrictions placed on them. Bail/bond rules, sentencing guidelines, etc. THAT is the fault of the legislature AND of past judges who didn't use common sense and either under-sentenced or over-sentenced people. Somebody gets mad, has a friend in the legislature and a new law/rule comes out. Like it or not, that is how the system works and is supposed to work, checks and balances.
5) No, I did not disappear from my support. I do not sit on this site all day and make comments or respond to comments. I check once or twice a day if that, on this site, sometimes making comments, sometimes not. I do not have the time others are lucky enough to have but do like to keep my "fingers on the pulse" of what is happening.

:killingme

why did this make me laugh so hard.. I think its #5 and the going back to work part
BF this dude is Better then you!

Black-Francis

Black Francis,

:blahblah:

It's not like she hasn't let this type roam the streets before....and I said I stand corrected.... Believe me, doing some research on her, it definitely sounds like she is not the most ethical judge.