Judge rules 14-year-old girl may sue 'Maury'

K

Kain99

NEW YORK (AP) -- A 14-year-old girl who says she was raped after an appearance on Maury Povich's television talk show can go ahead with a $25 million lawsuit against the show and its host, a Manhattan judge ruled.

State Supreme Court Justice Diane Lebedeff said the girl, who alleged that a man claiming to be the show's limousine driver raped her, had a valid claim. The judge found the girl was still under the show's travel arrangements when the alleged attack occurred.

Gary Rosen, a spokesman for the syndicated show "Maury," noted that the judge had allowed just two of the claims to survive and said: "We intend to defend against them vigorously and expect to be fully vindicated."

The girl came to New York from Texas to appear on an episode that had the theme "out-of-control teens."

The producers allegedly promised the girl's mother that if the girl appeared on the show, they would provide her with psychological counseling, time at a teen boot camp and transportation and hotel expenses.

The lawsuit, filed on the girl's behalf by her grandmother, says the show's producers told the girl on the day of the taping, December 6, 2001, that she should look and act "provocatively" and "sexually" and talk about her adult lovers.

Later, a man saying he was "Maury's limo driver" approached the girl, complimented her looks and told her he wanted to show her the town, court papers say.

He then drove her to a secluded area and raped her, according to allegations in the court papers.

Rosen, the "Maury" spokesman, said that "even if (the girl's) story is true, the fact is the alleged assailant is not employed by or associated with the Maury Povich show or any of its employees." :ohwell:

K

Kain99

Wow! 13 views and no comment... I was outraged! This wench suing poor Maury! Really burned me up! :frown:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: maury

Originally posted by BuddyLee
my vote goes to montel but only when sylvia brown is on lol :dead:
Too bad Syliva didn't see him getting busted for carrying drugs in the airport.

willie

Psychological help. I always wondered what it took to get the lowlifes to appear on those shows.

Cinderella

Sylvia Brown was on his show today. I didn't watch it...I saw it when I was channel surfing. :)

I thought most of the lowlife's on those shows came for the limo ride and room service at the hotel.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
How can they sue Maury when he apparently had nothing to do with this rape? :confused:

Wasn't the minor the shows responsibility until she was put back into the hands of her parents/guardian??

Midnightrider

thats exactly what i was thinking. And for the show to have some sexual predator hangin around the set when the topic is out of control teens, not a very smart move.

rack'm

Jaded
Midnightrider said:
thats exactly what i was thinking. And for the show to have some sexual predator hangin around the set when the topic is out of control teens, not a very smart move.

I wouldn't blame the show for that, you just DON'T know who is what in public......I'd guess that the maggot saw the upcoming lineup of shows and did what predators do......:ohwell:

willie

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=8736
Povich is no stranger to the court dock. In 2004, the trash-TV talker was sued by the grandmother of a 14-year-old girl who was asked by Povich's producers to "dress and act provocatively" while she talked on air about "her older sex partners." She was raped later that day by a limo driver identifying himself as affiliated with the show, according to the suit. The court ruled that Povich was liable. Povich's attorneys eventually got the state Appeals Court to reverse the decision, claiming the driver misrepresented himself. The rapist was never prosecuted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Midnightrider said:
I doubt anyone knew he was a sexual predator.

Regardless, an "out of control teen" is going to be no stranger to sexual encounters. And I highly doubt she was raped - with her track record, she should be a little more savvy than that. More likely that she seduced him to add to her collection and is looking for a payday.

So there. You can put that on your list of my intolerances - skeevy teenagers who go on TV to brag about how many guys they bang. :yay:

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
For a start i bet when she was taken from the hotel to the show there was a REP from the show saying we are from such a such, this is your limo bla bla, yet later there was no REP, and at 14, where was her parent or gaurdian. Somethings not right here, money talks i guess.

$25million indeed, what about all those kids younger than her that are raped multiply times by these sick f**ks, and what do they get, ooo we jailed your attacker.

This case is a waste of time.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
How can they sue Maury when he apparently had nothing to do with this rape? :confused:

A good reason why the judge should throw the case out of court - it's pointless.

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:
I doubt anyone knew he was a sexual predator.

Regardless, an "out of control teen" is going to be no stranger to sexual encounters. And I highly doubt she was raped - with her track record, she should be a little more savvy than that. More likely that she seduced him to add to her collection and is looking for a payday.

So there. You can put that on your list of my intolerances - skeevy teenagers who go on TV to brag about how many guys they bang. :yay:
WOW

the idiocy is intense with this one.

So its ok for a MAN (lets say anywhere over 20) to have sex with a 14 year old girl???? even if she wants it its wrong and should-usually is- considered rape.

now wether or not its right to sue Maury IS debatable

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

Midnightrider said:
WOW the idiocy is intense with this one.
So its ok for a MAN (lets say anywhere over 20) to have sex with a 14 year old girl???? even if she wants it its wrong and should-usually is- considered rape. now wether or not its right to sue Maury IS debatable
Still have the IQ of a box of hammers I see. Where did she say it was ok for an adult to have sex with a 14 y.o.????? :duh:

Maury can't be sued. Anybody could claim to be the limo driver. UFB!!! :bigwhoop: