Judge rules 14-year-old girl may sue 'Maury'

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Au contraire...

Mikeinsmd said:
Still have the IQ of a box of hammers I see. Where did she say it was ok for an adult to have sex with a 14 y.o.????? :duh:

Maury can't be sued. Anybody could claim to be the limo driver. UFB!!! :bigwhoop:

...Maury can to be sued. The question is will the suit work.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Mikeinsmd said:
Looky here leadfoot, I said he can't be sued. :eyebrow:

...that's great., your honor. Thank you for at least considering the merits.

Any chance this 'limo' driver was a kicked out of school lacrosse player???

Midnightrider

Mikeinsmd said:
Still have the IQ of a box of hammers I see. Where did she say it was ok for an adult to have sex with a 14 y.o.????? :duh:

Maury can't be sued. Anybody could claim to be the limo driver. UFB!!! :bigwhoop:
sounds like you got a sever case of pot and kettle syndrom to me.

Maybe you should try reading and understanding the words int he furture, just recognizing the letters isn't doing it for you anymore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Midnightrider said:
Maybe you should try reading and understanding the words int he furture, just recognizing the letters isn't doing it for you anymore.
Great! Since you can read and understand the words so well, then you can show us ALL where I said it was okay for an adult man to have sex with a 14 year old. :jet:

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:
Great! Since you can read and understand the words so well, then you can show us ALL where I said it was okay for an adult man to have sex with a 14 year old. :jet:
by saying that a 14 yo can seduce a grown man, if you cant see that then maybe you have a problem. If thats not what you meant then why didn't you rip on the "rapist" instead of the teenaged girl?

Mikeinsmd

Midnightrider said:
sounds like you got a sever case of pot and kettle syndrom to me.

I see from your posts the extent of your education. You trying to preach reading comprehension? :killingme

Midnightrider

Mikeinsmd said:
I see from your posts the extent of your education. You trying to preach reading comprehension? :killingme
"when ya got nothing else, attack the posters grammer and spelling"

straight from the "how to be a troll" manual

Mikeinsmd

Midnightrider said:
"when ya got nothing else, attack the posters grammer and spelling"

straight from the "how to be a troll" manual
People judge by the way you speak and write, you have so much credibility!! :killingme :killingme

:howdy: Tom.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Midnightrider said:
by saying that a 14 yo can seduce a grown man, if you cant see that then maybe you have a problem. If thats not what you meant then why didn't you rip on the "rapist" instead of the teenaged girl?
You seem like a person who has unresolved sexual issues, the way you're constantly defending suspicious women who cry rape. It probably stems from a deep-seated hatred of men in general.

You were raped by pedophile priests, weren't you? It's okay...you can tell us...

:popcorn:

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:
You seem like a person who has unresolved sexual issues, the way you're constantly defending suspicious women who cry rape. It probably stems from a deep-seated hatred of men in general.

You were raped by pedophile priests, weren't you? It's okay...you can tell us...

wow, the second rule straight from the troll manual, attack the person's charecter and make outlandish acusations about their sexuality when you have no defense for completely rediculous statements you have made.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Midnightrider said:
wow, the second rule straight from the troll manual, attack the person's charecter and make outlandish acusations about their sexuality when you have no defense for completely rediculous statements you have made.
Interesting. Subject avoids answering the question....:takingnotes: And makes blatant misspellings in order to divert attention away from the topic at hand...

Tidewater

vraiblonde said:
Interesting. Subject avoids answering the question....:takingnotes: And makes blatant misspellings in order to divert attention away from the topic at hand...

That's a great post.

But I'd like to reinforce Hawk's post some back...

Where was this CHILD'S mother? or grandmother? Who came with her to NY? I know I wouldn't let my kid fly from home to ANYWHERE alone.

And 14 is a CHILD, no matter what they've done or been ...their minds are just not those of an adult. Kids make stupid choices often simply because they are still kids, and parents are the ones who are to be their to help guide them to make the correct choices. I know we moms can't be there 24X7 with our kids, but come on, a trip away from home...I hope not alone!????

:shocking:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tidewater said:
Where was this CHILD'S mother? or grandmother? Who came with her to NY? I know I wouldn't let my kid fly from home to ANYWHERE alone.
I'm curious about that, too, because I wouldn't think they'd bring a minor on the show without a guardian of some form. The grandmother filed the lawsuit on the girl's behalf, so maybe she was there?

But I long ago ceased to be amazed by irresponsible parents. If this girl had any kind of supervision, she probably wouldn't be on Maury in the first place.

Tidewater

I agree with you Vrail....I don't think any media sponsored invitation to a minor comes without a guardian in tow for simple safeguarding and waiver issues. Without a guardian present, the minor can't sign authorization to even be interviewed on camera I think (?), but I could be wrong.

And I know it's likely sad that I say this, but this incident happened when? 2001? Um, I know a rape is a rape and there are statutes of limitations on legal action--no matter when it happened, it was horrible.......but why is this news now? Not to downgrade the incident, but did I miss something, are they just 'now' trying to file a suit? Has it been with the lawyers all this time? The child who was 14 is now likely 19....

Did they wait or something?

If this was filed right away and been in appeals this long, I can understand, however, if they have waited all this time to initiate filing a suit, then something smells bad in Denmark. Someone enlighten me here, I think I'm kinda in the dark.

~~~~~~~~

PS. Vrail, your avatar of "Patsy" is WONDERFUL, she's my fav player in AbFab...:clap:

Last edited: