Jump Ideas ...

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
You Guys RULE!!! I knew I could get some great ideas!!!! THANKS...and keep em coming if you are holdin out!

AppendixQH a friend of mine bought some poles & standards from them in June 07' so I don't know if they are still in the jump selling business. The phone #301-599-6100. Hope that helps.:howdy:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
AppendixQH a friend of mine bought some poles & standards from them in June 07' so I don't know if they are still in the jump selling business. The phone #301-599-6100. Hope that helps.:howdy:

Thank you ! I will definately call. I have PVC poles now that I painted up to look nice, and I have some Vinyl standards. BUT they blow down instantly with a slight wind, and one pole already broke when a horse stepped on it. And I agree, they hit them a couple of times and they get lazy, so I know I need more solid of jumps. And I want a variety and some fun jumps...without paying Dover $500 for a wall! Plus, I want it to last, so I am not into getting the material that slided over the poles to make a jump look more substantial. I have about 5 weeks to get rockin as that is when the new mare gets here...she is doing 3ft courses now (not that I will ever do that with her without uping my life insurance first - and a lot of drinking:otter:) but the college girls go 3'6, so I need something for them to keep her going. :yahoo:

appaholic

Thank you ! I will definately call. I have PVC poles now that I painted up to look nice, and I have some Vinyl standards. BUT they blow down instantly with a slight wind, and one pole already broke when a horse stepped on it. And I agree, they hit them a couple of times and they get lazy, so I know I need more solid of jumps. And I want a variety and some fun jumps...without paying Dover $500 for a wall! Plus, I want it to last, so I am not into getting the material that slided over the poles to make a jump look more substantial. I have about 5 weeks to get rockin as that is when the new mare gets here...she is doing 3ft courses now (not that I will ever do that with her without uping my life insurance first - and a lot of drinking:otter:) but the college girls go 3'6, so I need something for them to keep her going. :yahoo:

Getting old, yes we now have fear. Sometimes I think carefulness has nothing to do with skill, but age.:lmao:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Getting old, yes we now have fear. Sometimes I think carefulness has nothing to do with skill, but age.:lmao:

I think it has something to do with...Still having to go to work in the morning, and still having all the chores plus the kids to take care of...even if your hurting! Even though I know I have the biggest helper of a husband out there, still some things I gotta do myself so I can't get hurt. It was funny, I came across some pics of me jumping in a schooling show from my high school days! I miss that!

W

WhoCares

I think it has something to do with...Still having to go to work in the morning, and still having all the chores plus the kids to take care of...even if your hurting! Even though I know I have the biggest helper of a husband out there, still some things I gotta do myself so I can't get hurt. It was funny, I came across some pics of me jumping in a schooling show from my high school days! I miss that!

Yeah the whole if I get hurt and can't work. The mortgage still needs to get paid, the horses still need to be fed, and the car still needs to be paid for. Darn that growing up.

Eventer29

We've made a few jumps out spare wood around the farm. We have made a couple coops out of spare fence board pieces and 2x4s, a "stone wall" out of 2x4s and plywood. they are HEAAAVY, but will last a long while. I have used old fence posts (landscaping ties), aded feet and drilled holes to put flowers in. The Jumps etc does have some nice ideas too! lol of course we didnt buy it till after we learned how to do things the hard way.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
That's the one. Soon to be unearthed out of storage if you'd like to borrow it. :smile:

Hey Fred that would be great. I'd love to borrow the book when you get unpacked.:yahoo: I hope you are moved in sooner then later.:whistle: Let me know how that is going.:howdy:

fredsaid2

Hey Fred that would be great. I'd love to borrow the book when you get unpacked.:yahoo: I hope you are moved in sooner then later.:whistle: Let me know how that is going.:howdy:

No problem :howdy: And when you visit you can see the ones I've made from the plans in the book. Just schooling standards, I sold the wing standards a few years back when I moved barns.

Plan is for saturday - if it doesn't rain. Woo hoo!!

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Absolutely, peak away!

If I had a drill press I could set up shop and have a little cottage industry. Drilling all those pin holes by hand is no fun at all.

:yeahthat: I am going to have to bribe a friend to drill these suckers! Also...I am going to check the "alternative to wood" people and see if I can get posts from them so I won't ever have to deal with painting! Hope it works!:howdy:

Bigpops92

Two great ideas;
1. You could always build a MX track...then it would serve as double duty!
2. You could buy your hubby a nice drill press...then for a cost of a few sexual favors he coulsdmake the jumps for you.

fredsaid2

Two great ideas;
1. You could always build a MX track...then it would serve as double duty!
2. You could buy your hubby a nice drill press...then for a cost of a few sexual favors he coulsdmake the jumps for you.

Those are interesting ideas but....except for hooking up my trailer the very first time hubby has been hands off with all my horsie endeavors. Anything I've built, anyplace I've trailered, anything I've installed - I've done on my own. Maybe hubby should buy the drill press for me!! :smile:

Bigpops92

Those are interesting ideas but....except for hooking up my trailer the very first time hubby has been hands off with all my horsie endeavors. Anything I've built, anyplace I've trailered, anything I've installed - I've done on my own. Maybe hubby should buy the drill press for me!! :smile:

OR....you need a stable boy!:drool: