Junk cars

CdShiflett

Sorry been away for Christmas back in VA. They claimed they would, two different times. Called them back and they got hateful about it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think the guy said it was just some old worthless junk..'66 or '67 Ford ...Shelvy..shelbby..something like that.

;-p

decades ago a buddy of mine had his brother call him looking for a ride, he was headed to Ransom Motors [used to be a Brandywine Junk Yard].

follows his brother over that is driving his 66 Mustang ....
brother goes in, comes back out ready to leave ....

my friend inquires 'what about the car'

'oh i just sold that, I'm done with it' replied the brother ...

:faint:

He just sold his Hi Per 66 Mustang to a junk yard ....
yeah it was in the late 70's it was just a used mustang ....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
decades ago a buddy of mine had his brother call him looking for a ride, he was headed to Ransom Motors [used to be a Brandywine Junk Yard].

follows his brother over that is driving his 66 Mustang ....
brother goes in, comes back out ready to leave ....

my friend inquires 'what about the car'

'oh i just sold that, I'm done with it' replied the brother ...

:faint:

He just sold his Hi Per 66 Mustang to a junk yard ....
yeah it was in the late 70's it was just a used mustang ....

Bought the ''66 Mustang GT 4-speed car I drove through high school for $600 in 1974. Needed some minor dent repair work (and then paint) and some interior upgrades and was good to go. This picture from 1975; the GT fog light bar isn't mounted in the grill in this pic so it was probably taken soon after I'd had it painted.

Just the "pony" seats and the sport wheel bring more than $600 now and I shudder to think what the whole car would be worth... ;-p It was not a HiPo 289 though...it had the 225HP 4V 289.

66 stang 01.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just the "pony" seats and the sport wheel bring more than $600 now and I shudder to think what the whole car would be worth... ;-p It was not a HiPo 289 though...it had the 225HP 4V 289.

IKR ... I passed an opportunity to purchase a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang from the LP Domino's manager in 1989 for $ 5000

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
IKR ... I passed an opportunity to purchase a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang from the LP Domino's manager in 1989 for $ 5000

In 1983 I bought a 1970 Road Runner for $800. It was a 440-six pack 4-speed car. Very little rust..but the interior was shot and so was the paint. The six-pack intake and carbs came in the trunk..the car had a stock old 383 junkyard engine in it. I figure, in that condition, it would bring something between 12 and 15 grand now. Maybe more. I just flipped it..traded for a motorcycle.

I had a '64 Buick Riviera that was a rocket ship...sold that for $1200 in 1984... Sold my '57 Bel Air for $1500 in 1977... *sigh*

Pic of the Bel Air..taken in 1976 at our farm 57 belair 01.jpg

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was my first car in 1982. I had it for 7 years. If only I had realized...

My first car I bought in 1972....and this is the only pic I have of the first time it actually moved under its own power...around 1974. The car you can make out in the background is a 1963 Caddy El Dorado convertible..that I sold in '76 to a collector for almost 20 times what I paid for it. (I paid 75 bucks for it and drug it home with a tractor...sold it for $1500. ;-p)

27 Dodge 01.jpg

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My first car I bought in 1972....and this is the only pic I have of the first time it actually moved under its own power...around 1974. The car you can make out in the background is a 1963 Caddy El Dorado convertible..that I sold in '76 to a collector for almost 20 times what I paid for it. (I paid 75 bucks for it and drug it home with a tractor...sold it for $1500. ;-p)

View attachment 120962

Awesome!