Jury Awards $5 Million In Charles Co. Malpractice Case

itsbob

I bowl overhand
THAT sounds familiar too. Wasn't there a case a few years back, involving a foreign nanny? The parents blamed the Nanny, she was convicted.. then the conviction was overturned after it was proved that the nanny wasn't the one doing the abusing?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by IM4Change
The babysitter told them that their son fell backwards, from the chair onto the floor, smacking the back of his head on the floor.

I don't know much about medicine but if there was an "explainable" head trauma and they did a CT scan something would have shown. Wouldn’t the parents just say "oh yeah the baby sitter said he fell", would they have even questioned abuse since the sitter told them how the bruise on the brain got there???
This is a terrible thing that happened but I think the parents are just looking for anyone they can to blame and try to get a buck out of it.

T.Rally

Originally posted by tys_mommy
I don't know much about medicine but if there was an "explainable" head trauma and they did a CT scan something would have shown. Wouldn’t the parents just say "oh yeah the baby sitter said he fell", would they have even questioned abuse since the sitter told them how the bruise on the brain got there???
This is a terrible thing that happened but I think the parents are just looking for anyone they can to blame and try to get a buck out of it.
That is such bull. Almost sounds as though you are envious it didn't happen to your kid and you were getting the payout. You're right, you don't know much.

L

libragirl

[ but I think that Mom should be raising the kids anyway

mom cant always watch the kids she has to work!! but if they thought abuse was going on they shouldnt have took him back to the sitter. im glad thay got paid because now the boy will need medical attention for the rest of his life so sad

ceo_pte

Originally posted by libragirl
[ but I think that Mom should be raising the kids anyway

mom cant always watch the kids she has to work!! but if they thought abuse was going on they shouldnt have took him back to the sitter. im glad thay got paid because now the boy will need medical attention for the rest of his life so sad

Mom should be given the choice if she wants to work or not...

L

libragirl

Originally posted by ceo_pte
Mom should be given the choice if she wants to work or not...
sure if daddy makes tons of money then she could stay home, but in this day in age both have to work unless your getting help!!!