Just checking in...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like I've not been here in almost a month. Been doing sorting, choosing, re-boxing and discarding stuff.
It's a mess when 2 pack rats marry and have been collecting for 42 years.
Mrs. is thinking on retiring next month. Have yet to decide where we will go from here.

Other than that, today is 1 year post hernia repair surgery. Things seem to have healed well.

Weight is down to 194 from my post cancer high of 246. 90 average on the blood sugar is 115, right about the center of the healthy range.

gemma_rae

Looks like I've not been here in almost a month. Been doing sorting, choosing, re-boxing and discarding stuff.
Mrs. is thinking on retiring next month. Have yet to decide where we will go from here.

Other than that, today is 1 year post hernia repair surgery. Things seem to have healed well.

Weight is down to 194 from my post cancer high of 246. 90 average on the blood sugar is 115, right about the center of the healthy range.
Hi spr1975.

Wow, That's good news you've really been getting yourself healthy. Usually it's the other way around when you don't hear from someone for a while. Congratulations on your pending retirement, I hope to follow that path myself the first of 2025.

Whatever you do, and wherever you roam, best of luck to you and the Mrs.! :huggy:

stgislander

PREMO Member

Good to hear from you! I was just thinking last week that we hadn't heard from you in a while, and I was hoping you were OK.

Great news on the health update.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You two would be welcome here in North Carolina, but you have to get 4 damned yankees to leave first.
When we were stationed in NW Florida, learned the locals there looked at 3 levels of Yankee.
Yankee: Northeast folks who had the good graces to never come south.
Damn Yankee; Folks who come south, spend money, then go home.
Goddam Yankee: Folks who come south, settle in and do not spend a lot.

The Mrs. and I are Goddam Yankees, though we do try hard to fit into the local culture. Unlike many Not From Heres, we have no desire to change things around us.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Glad to see you around and sounds like you're doing pretty good, keep on keeping on.

As to the possible move, get out there and check out areas you think you would be interested in (if you haven't already). Nothing like boots on the ground to discover the pros and cons of an area. I wish I was closer to some amenities, but for the peace, quiet, and solitude of the hills I wouldn't trade it to be close in to hospitals, doctors, and such.

luvmygdaughters

:yay:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Glad to see you around and sounds like you're doing pretty good, keep on keeping on.

As to the possible move, get out there and check out areas you think you would be interested in (if you haven't already). Nothing like boots on the ground to discover the pros and cons of an area. I wish I was closer to some amenities, but for the peace, quiet, and solitude of the hills I wouldn't trade it to be close in to hospitals, doctors, and such.
One of our limiting factors will be access to VA health care. Mrs. is a disabled veteran and gets her primary care from them.