Just for Fun...

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Did anyone see the recent Southpark episode where Cartman had some sea monkeys? He added .... um... "seamen" to the mix and the sea monkeys started building an empire.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wish I got SouthPark! GMP cable doesn't carry the Comedy channel. No matter how many notes I put on my bill, they never seem to add it! :burning:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
And here's a clip of Cartman's dream about the sea monkeys....

607_img_07.jpg

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Was anyone else slightly disappointed when their seamonkeys didn't look like the ones on the box? :frown:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Damn Right!

I felt CHEATED! I even put them under my Junior Microscope in a petri dish to see if they REALLY had those cute little faces! MAN was I mad! I ended up feeding them to my angelfish in my aquarium when I found out they were just brine shrimp...

bknarw

Attire Monitor
You guys got ripped off!

Mine had cherubic little faces and little tiny wings.
Upon hatching, they immediately set to building a nursery for their young, to which they lovingly attended and cared.
Not long afterward, they constructed a crude, but effective sign saying "To our new owner, hello and peace be with you!".
I can only imagine how long it took them to create it, but I still have a picture somewhere.
They then elected leaders, established voting rights, and began a "sea-monkey rights campaign".
I was quite enamored with them!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I remember growing the rocks. I did that too jazz!!
They got a little out of control..but I did it. Try looking them up somewhere. You can also try FAO schwartz. They sometimes have the nostalgic stuff. :)

My sea monkeys never hatched. LOL! Im a bad monkey mommy!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Then you wouldn't mind...

Originally posted by bknarw
They sell the grow rocks at Luray Caverns! Not TOO far to drive...
:biggrin:

...picking some up for me? Purty pleeze? :kiss:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Then you wouldn't mind...

Originally posted by jazz lady

...picking some up for me? Purty pleeze? :kiss:

Sure! Anytime!!!

I think they're "Magic Rocks", actually, and if my memory serves me, I think I may have seen some in the Calvert Marine Museum (gift shop) when I was there in July!

Christy

b*tch rocket
I was into magic rocks, way more than I was into seamonkey's. They kinda grossed me out, they looked like mosquito larvae to me! :twitch: