Just in time for Christmas

DeeJay, why don't you reset everyone's karma to 0??

• MY GOD NO, I can't live without that useless number!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you kidding me??!!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • That sounds like fun.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Who F'ing cares??

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

rack'm

Jaded
kwillia said:
I agree... most folks will be maxed out again within the first week. Rack'm, even though the karma points are maxed, folks still used karma to send notes so it still serves a purpose in that aspect.

Sure it servers a private purpose, but not a numeric purpose.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
camily said:
I would like to see an endless number. Is that posssible? See an endless number? I don't think it is.
Technically, sure.

Toxick said:
It is possible - but requires a good deal more code than it's probably worth.
Nah. Just change the data type from signed bigint to numeric. The numeric data type has no max/min value.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure if I CAN set everyone back to zero, unless I do it manually :twitch: But it's an interesting idea - let me take a look and see what can be done before I vote.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a way to reset karma to zero unless I go into each and every account and do it manually. Which I'm not going to do :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
I'm not sure if I CAN set everyone back to zero, unless I do it manually :twitch: But it's an interesting idea - let me take a look and see what can be done before I vote.
While you're at it, why not set everyone's post count to zero, as well? :whistle:

morganj614

vraiblonde said:
Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a way to reset karma to zero unless I go into each and every account and do it manually. Which I'm not going to do :lol:

You think you have karma whiners now? Can you imagine what you'd have if everyone was reset? :bawl::roflmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bresamil said:
Hmm. That would bring on the old karma wars again, which can sometimes be entertaining. But it really doesn't take long to max out if a member is in many private forums. I'm ambivalent. :shrug:
If everyone is set to ZERO, it would take quite a while to build all of their MPD's back up.. doesn't take to long if you have one or two that are maxed out, but if EVERYone is set to Zero could be fun..

I miss the karma sharing in some of the private rooms..

The Karma Bloming..

Wonder if you can change the value of the karma variable to display a bigger number. Right now it's an Integer? Change it to a Long?

It's a 32 bit number now, from -2,147,483,647 to +2,147,483,648 Make it a 64 bit number then we can go from -9,223,372,036,854,775,807 to +9,223,372,036,854,775,808 THAT translates to MASSIVE karma Bloming!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Who designed the template for the room?? I mean I've seen this room in a LOT of different places, i would think that would be something they thought of. Do you have access to the source code for the room, to change the variable?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
Who designed the template for the room?? I mean I've seen this room in a LOT of different places, i would think that would be something they thought of. Do you have access to the source code for the room, to change the variable?
This is a standard vBulletin template, with cosmetic customization. As far as I'm aware, we don't have access to the source code. There may be a way to reset everything in the real admin (as opposed to the "safe" admin that I am allowed to access :lol: )

Steve

Enjoying life!
vraiblonde said:
You could give us all admin access and we could go in and do our own. :shrug:

:roflmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We've almost maxed everyone out in the green. we need to max someone out in the red.. see if there truly is one number difference between the negative and the positive... I nominate..

Anyone else but me!!

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:

I can write you a script that would do it.

I'd need to know some more information though. Let me know if you're interested.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I'm surprised you can't just drop that field in the database and then re-create it.

Here's another idea too: Cut down on the amount of karma each user can give, If you can only give karma once or twice a day you'll be less likely to just whore it out all over the place.

As for prizes - You could just put a gold star next to the user's name or something intangible like that. It might cut back on the amount of grief you'll get because of some karma war or whatever.

OK- y'all can give me red now for taking away your t-shirts, mugs and mouse pads.

:duckingandrunning: