just my luck

so was at the barn this morning and my cats were all buddy buddy with a racoon. its that normal????

not sure if it is normal or not but be careful with the racoon it may or may not have rabies. Check your cats next time you get near them that they haven't been bit or any other injuries that might transmit rabies. JMO

mistymoofwf

live to ride
Are they UTD on their rabies shots??

no the vet is coming out monday to give them their shots and deworm them but im not sure i should keep them now that they are all buddy buddy with a racoon im kinda consurned my orange cat has been acting really mean and he can just be sitting their and hes hissing and growling at nothing and the other cats dont want him around but i cant bring my self to get rid of them

Spicober

no the vet is coming out monday to give them their shots and deworm them but im not sure i should keep them now that they are all buddy buddy with a racoon im kinda consurned my orange cat has been acting really mean and he can just be sitting their and hes hissing and growling at nothing and the other cats dont want him around but i cant bring my self to get rid of them

You should at the very least quarintine that cat until the vet comes out. He has signs of rabies.."hissing and growling at nothing and the other cats dont want him " He can infect all your other cats quickly. Also a rabid animal is a threat to you even if you love it, its not itself and will hurt you. Just take the precaution at put it by itself.:huggy:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
has the cats EVER been vaccinated for rabies?

If they have and you ran past the appointment date by a few months, chances are they are still protected and no reason for total alarm.

Good advice to quarantine and suspected animals, though.

Racoons and cats can get along as long as there is no interruptions or ill behaving.
The coon just wants to eat and go.
However, I don't think a racoon is a welcomed pet in the barn. Ask Paso. She said there is something that their feces transmit to horses or somethin' like that.
Good Luck.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
has the cats EVER been vaccinated for rabies?

If they have and you ran past the appointment date by a few months, chances are they are still protected and no reason for total alarm.

Good advice to quarantine and suspected animals, though.

Racoons and cats can get along as long as there is no interruptions or ill behaving.
The coon just wants to eat and go.
However, I don't think a racoon is a welcomed pet in the barn. Ask Paso. She said there is something that their feces transmit to horses or somethin' like that.
Good Luck.

It is the pink opossum that carries EPM.............

River I caught :gossip: I want to reset that trap else where...will let you know I should be done with it in a few days..

mistymoofwf

live to ride
took my orange cat to th tcas and ill find out tomorrow if he has rabies, cought the racoon today!! ac came out and set a trap and cought him.

mistymoofwf

live to ride
cought 2 moms this morning and they both have been feeding little ones so yay more to come!!!!!!! not really happy