Just one more beagle?

kelb

art imitating life
Animal Listing

Can we get just ONE more beagle to add to this page??? :sarcasm:

Good Lord there's a ton of them at the shelter....

Awwww They are soo cute.. I love beagles but I heard that they have a tendency to roam off alot. I guess they just get lost.. Plus their bark is soo loud. I wish I had room for another pet I would go snatch one right up!!!!

Geek

Useless ass breeders. Done pimping the dogs, they won't even pay to put the dogs down themselves. There is a special place in hell for these people.

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Just wait till hunting season:whistle:

Your exactly right. They don't give a damn about them. They don't spay/neuter them and if they don't hunt right, they just drop em off down a dirt road somewhere. It makes me sick to know this still happens but I guess that's the mentality. They continuously breed the good hunters, pick the best runners and drop off the rest.

I'm not against having hunting dogs but if your just breeding and weeding then get a flippin life. Maybe your mama should have "weeded" you from her litter....how'd you like that?

Sorry, off my soap box now....I just have no use for these people. They justify it by saying "we're not fighting the dogs". But it's still up there with animal cruelty no matter what way you cut it.

Stupid people shouldn't breed (themselves or their dogs)

frequentflier

happy to be living
Animal Listing

Can we get just ONE more beagle to add to this page??? :sarcasm:

Good Lord there's a ton of them at the shelter....

The Humane Society of Calvert County took in a lot of them that were given up by a "breeder" in Charles Co. Most have medical issues. They are also having to spay and neuter them.

We are having a "Bagels and Beagles" event on Oct 5. There will be bagels, coffee, juice and of course a LOT of Beagles up for adoption!

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
The Humane Society of Calvert County took in a lot of them that were given up by a "breeder" in Charles Co. Most have medical issues. They are also having to spay and neuter them.

We are having a "Bagels and Beagles" event on Oct 5. There will be bagels, coffee, juice and of course a LOT of Beagles up for adoption!

Our foster momma is going to pop any day now. Most of the beagles they thought were pregnant just turned out to be fat!:lmao:
We have a benefit to go to on Oct 5th for a friend with cancer. What time were you planning for?

Attachments

• Darla 019.jpg
    Darla 019.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Ginger 030.jpg
    Ginger 030.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Ginger 031.jpg
    Ginger 031.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Ginger 032.jpg
    Ginger 032.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 73

krisx2

I love beagles. Both of mine were strays, probably cast off. Don't even get me started about these people ... :smack:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I :heart: my beagle!!

He's a total PITA!! But I love him none the less.

Last week, I took him with my to pick up crabs for someone and he goy away from me and REFUSED to come near us. he just sped past us while we waved ham slices at him for an hour.:ohwell:

So, I said leave him be and I drove down the driveway to deliver the crabs.

In fifteen minutes, my aunt said he was sitting beside her house, howling. He thought I'd left him behind.:lol:

So when I came back to get him he hopped right in the car and laid down like a good boy.

That'll teach him.:lol:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Our foster momma is going to pop any day now. Most of the beagles they thought were pregnant just turned out to be fat!:lmao:
We have a benefit to go to on Oct 5th for a friend with cancer. What time were you planning for?

:yikes: OMG! How can that fat thing even walk!! :lol:

tipsymcgee

Like any hound, they're bound to roam if you let them off the leash around a house in the country. That's a silly excuse to not adopt them. We have a beagle from a local rescue and a bassett/beagle mix from BROOD that are never off leash simply because they will hunt. That's why many beagle/hound rescues require fenced yards. But they are amazing pets and friends.

As for hunters, these dogs sit in cages for the majority of the year, and do what they are born to do when asked. Not all hunters treat the dogs the same, but unfortunately the majority of them have their favorites and the rest are cast off. We recently found a malnourished stray beagle sick with tumors around almost all her nipples because she was not fixed, and the dog came to us wagging her tail. Amazing, loyal, resilient animals. I hope to be more involved in rescuing soon, but with a four-month old baby girl and two hounds, the house is full right now.

I'd love to have more info on the Bagels & Beagles thing, when you have the info.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Lucky Ones was having an adoption at Petsmart in Waldorf this past Sunday. They had about 3 or 4 Beagles when Lilly Mae (my Beagle) and I got there. I got mine from Charles County HS 2 years ago. She's older and stubborn, but has turned into a real sweetie!!!

S

stardog770

I never had any interest in Beagles,until 3 yrs ago after losing a dog we had for 10 yrs.Thats when I fell in love with the breed.Lady bug started having seizures shortly after getting her and has developed diabetes takes meds for both.Never had a problem with her wanting to run .Got second one 5 mons ago Molly she is also a good dog.I heard alot of bad about the breed before I got Lady, but I"m hard headed and got her anyway and so glad I did. I would tell any one to get a Beagle you'll fall in love. Wish I could have more!!