Just Some Questions

Pete

Repete
OK OK, this is a riddle right? Gimme a minute.

Hmmmmmmm :confused: rrrrrrrrr :banghead: Hmmmmmmmm :eyebrow:

I know! A chicken pot pie! :banana: Get it! In the freezer it is cold, THEN you put it in the oven and it is hot! :getdown:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
hmm i like the hot more cause you can just take off ur layers of clothes, and then u get cooler or you stay in the shade and ur fine. when its cold you cant stop it from being too cold, and i have a hard time riding with gloves. Also had a bad experienc with riding in a winter jacket and it got caught on the saddel horn and i was dangling form it screaming for my mom to catch the pony, but nooo my siblings point and laugh, the help they are... but this was when i was like 5. My legs allways end up freezing and i go num and thats not too good when ur riding a crazy hores... lol.

K

Katie

Well let me say riding today in the cold was so miserable. I had long underwear on, and my riding jacket on. I was STILL cold.

Now I have my fleece sweats on, wool socks, turtleneck, and heavy sweatshirt on. Also have a blanket on. I am REALLY cold.

fredsaid2

As long as it's not windy I prefer the cold. I can layer up for warmth but there's only so much you can delete when it's hot :smile: Once I get moving around I generally need to take off a layer or so anyway.

DQ2B

Doesn't matter. I'll ride no matter the weather but I worry more about the horses in the extreme heat.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Warm! I don't like looking like a Pillsbury dough girl all the time with all of those layers. I have to teach tomorrow, and I can't imagine it is going to be much fun.

PrepH4U

flarenuphope said:
hmm i like the hot more cause you can just take off ur layers of clothes, and then u get cooler or you stay in the shade and ur fine. when its cold you cant stop it from being too cold, and i have a hard time riding with gloves. Also had a bad experienc with riding in a winter jacket and it got caught on the saddel horn and i was dangling form it screaming for my mom to catch the pony, but nooo my siblings point and laugh, the help they are... but this was when i was like 5. My legs allways end up freezing and i go num and thats not too good when ur riding a crazy hores... lol.

oh my! :lalala: :lmao:

K

Katie

Sadielady said:
Warm! I don't like looking like a Pillsbury dough girl all the time with all of those layers. I have to teach tomorrow, and I can't imagine it is going to be much fun.

I pulled the wimpy route today. I didn't ride. I was to cold. My toes were freezing.

I just picked up a pair of leggings to wear over my thermals, and under my jeans. Skipping the breeches, and wearing half chaps with paddock boots.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i rode today with my mom on a trail, and by the end my toes were frozen and i couldnt feel my toes, my chin was num too, lol. I also had to jump off cause there was a dirt bike coming, and i wasnt sure how my horse would act cause last time i was chased by one... but she was fine and i had to remount, and the whole way she kept looking behind her. I was proud she didnt spook once and she only daced half of the time. it was fun, but way too cold.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I prefer to ride when it hot. I don't like the cold weather...too many damn clothes to wear. And since Fancy gets so worked up she ends up soaking wet even on the coldest days. It concerns me trying to get her cooled down and dry and becomes such a pain in the azz that sometimes its not worth the effort. But on the hottest days all I have to do is ride somewhere where we can take a swim and cool down. And the trails in the woods help out with shade. So its HOT for me.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
AHhhhh.....I am freezing. Can you die in this weather? I have 5 layers on and I am still cold. I don't feel like going outside, much less teaching or riding. :jameo:

Eventer29

I'm pretty adaptable so dont usually mind the heat or cold too much. Dont like trying to cool out/dry off sweaty horses in the winter though. Not too happy with this sort of sudden cold snap though. I'm really not wanting to teach this week! Least the kids get furry horsies to sit on n keep em warm. Its not actually being out in the cold that gets me, its when i get to the house n cant seem to get my upper legs and butt warm again. Kinda scary when ya get in a nice hot shower n for the first couple mins. by the time the water reaches your feet its cold from running over your frozen ass.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Eventer29 said:
I'm pretty adaptable so dont usually mind the heat or cold too much. Dont like trying to cool out/dry off sweaty horses in the winter though. Not too happy with this sort of sudden cold snap though. I'm really not wanting to teach this week! Least the kids get furry horsies to sit on n keep em warm. Its not actually being out in the cold that gets me, its when i get to the house n cant seem to get my upper legs and butt warm again. Kinda scary when ya get in a nice hot shower n for the first couple mins. by the time the water reaches your feet its cold from running over your frozen ass.

I am such the #@%%y when it comes to the cold weather. It takes all I can muster up to just get out there and feed, let alone ride.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Eventer29 said:

I was wondering where the cold water was coming from!! :killingme I weennied out and canceled lessons for tonight and probably tomorrow too. I really don't mind the cold like today - it's just the wind and the lack of sun that sends me back in the house. If it's cold I'll saddle up and ride with the kids if I can, depending on what we're doing. We do keep a big ole fire going so everyone can warm up outside too.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
TWHFAN1 said:
:::::: WIMP ::::::: !!!!! Tee Hee :howdy:
My guess is everybody is a wimp when compared to a person who can hop off and on 17 horses in one day. :dead: WHEW just thinking about that makes me tired.