Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I hate the mountains...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The cool thing about MD...

...is that just about the time I'm sick of 90 degrees and 90%, we get a break and the cold, bleak of January finally gives way to some sun in February even if it snowed the night before.

Not sure I could live in Phoenix. Yes I am; no way.

Don't wanna live somewhere were winter is 8 months long or more.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Anywhere is fine weather-wise.

Just don't make me live near a paper mill or other big-industrial output area. The smell makes me want to :barf:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Cold has its place and time, and I'll visit it when I want to experience it.

You didn't have cities. I don't mind visiting cities for work or pleasure, but I couldn't live in one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like everything. I like big cities and small towns and farms in the middle of nowhere. I like it cold and I like it hot. Rain and sunshine. I like the civilization of NYC and I like crummy little Jamaican bars with chickens running through.

The only thing I could never live with is a fake fireplace.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I refuse to move any further north than I'm already forced to live, and that opportunity has presented itself.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
bresamil said:
Cold has its place and time, and I'll visit it when I want to experience it.
:yeahthat: The upper peninsula of Michigan would be hell for me.
I always remember a line from some movie with a guy talking about Minnesota and the people that live there.
"The Swedish people bravely left their native lands, faced incredible hardship and traveled thousands of miles to finally settle in a climate as f-cked up as the one they left.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I want to pick more than one. I hate hot, I hate Spring, and I hate the Beach. Give me cold weather and lots of it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
14 years in Maine was an adventure. An adventure I would rather not have again.
:yeahthat: If not for the winters, i would love NH.. of course the winters up there lasted 6 months.

SeaRide

I would probably hate desert places that are hotter than h e !! like Death valley. A friend of my daughter wrote a postcard while traveling across USA, she said "the van broke down in the Death Valley and it was hot for hours until it cools down a bit to like around 124 degree"... :lmao:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I don't hate any of the things in the poll, but I can definitely say I wouldn't want to live in a flat desert area (like Saudi Arabia, etc. regardless of politics).

I would also have a problem living north of the Arctic Circle or south of the Antarctic Circle.

I don't particularly like north/central Texas in mid-summer.

Strictly within the U.S., people rather than climate seem to attract or repel me. This is one of the major reasons I really did NOT want to leave the South to move back into Maryland.

And so all things considered, and going back to the original topic (previous thread), the mountainous areas of the Southeastern U.S. seem attractive to me.

StarCat

I like warm weather but no HOT, and definitely not humidity. I would much rather have weather like today, all year round. And I want to live in the mountains, in the middle of nowhere.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Railroad said:
I don't hate any of the things in the poll, but I can definitely say I wouldn't want to live in a flat desert area (like Saudi Arabia, etc. regardless of politics).

I would also have a problem living north of the Arctic Circle or south of the Antarctic Circle.

I don't particularly like north/central Texas in mid-summer.

Strictly within the U.S., people rather than climate seem to attract or repel me. This is one of the major reasons I really did NOT want to leave the South to move back into Maryland.

And so all things considered, and going back to the original topic (previous thread), the mountainous areas of the Southeastern U.S. seem attractive to me.
Really? I didn't like the south, and that's where I grew up.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Bustem' Down said:
Really? I didn't like the south, and that's where I grew up.
My best friends have been from Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Alabama - one exception was a young lady from Longview, Texas.

I used to say that in the U.S. at least, the climate and the people both get warmer and more pleasant as you head south. I've encountered very few exceptions to that rule.